Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: XBOX360 USB games?

Thanks

XBOX360 USB games?

I have several soft modded Wii's and love how I can play all my games from any USB device and have a really easy to use interface from which to choose the games. I also own an XBox360 Arcade edition and would really love to have this same functionality. When I bought my 360 I paid some guy to solder the dvd drive so it can play all my backed-up burned games that I copied (to save my original discs from harm). It is SOOOO lame to have to play them from dvd... would LOVE to play them from hdd (like my Wii). Any chance of this happening? If so, how?

Thanks
    Take a look at this and yes it does work! http://www.x360keys.com/

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toby1978 View Post
    Wow! That's amazing! Can also play original XBox games and 100% dvd/cd free from a USB hdd. Yes, it's not pretty (interface) but this looks really promising. I wonder what the hdd format is (fat32/NTFS)? Do you happen to know? I looked on that site and it didn't say anything about that so I am assuming it's NTFS. Also, I wonder if it will play mkv movies as well as emulators and all the DLC games on the MS network.

Thank you for sharing this really cool device!

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    If u go to the features page of that link it says it supports most formats

Thanks
    Doesn't look like soft modding is quite as advanced with the xbox360 as it is the Wii.... I got a slim one just today, I don't even know where to begin (was going to try and follow the top sticky guide but I couldn't even find the orange sticker!)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tassietigermaniac
    Doesn't look like soft modding is quite as advanced with the xbox360 as it is the Wii.... I got a slim one just today, I don't even know where to begin (was going to try and follow the top sticky guide but I couldn't even find the orange sticker!)
    I wouldn't even bother trying! The chances are that MS will catch it and ban you from Xbox live. If you want to do it, I would get an older used model.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toby1978 View Post
    I wouldn't even bother trying! The chances are that MS will catch it and ban you from Xbox live. If you want to do it, I would get an older used model.
    That's a real scam right there sir... xbox live. One would imagine that there would be a second network for free to play users. I have no problem with a company making money, but the pay to play method seems extremely anti-consumer friendly and very closed source... but then again who are we talking about here? lol.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by painless View Post
    That's a real scam right there sir... xbox live. One would imagine that there would be a second network for free to play users. I have no problem with a company making money, but the pay to play method seems extremely anti-consumer friendly and very closed source... but then again who are we talking about here? lol.
    and again... How much is the company worth??? How much money do they make?? LMAO! Its business.. they do it well and people like me still pay.. lol. Sure Id like it cheaper but a year subscription is still cheaper then taking all my kids to the movies lol!

and to stay on topic:
    Check out the stuff on the xdock also.

Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here

[/spoiler]

Thanks
    It all seems very confusing to me, it's completely different to any of the other mods I've ever done... I was just looking for a simple way to back up my games and load them through USB

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tassietigermaniac
    It all seems very confusing to me, it's completely different to any of the other mods I've ever done... I was just looking for a simple way to back up my games and load them through USB
    That is the only way unless you have an older Jtaggable console!

Sent from my HTC Desire using WiiHacks

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast