Thread: Which one to buy: XBOX 360 fat or slim? Noob wants to know...

Thanks

Which one to buy: XBOX 360 fat or slim? Noob wants to know...

Planning on getting a 250GB XBOX 360.
    I am not sure if Fat or Slim.
    I am a complete noobie on XBOX 360s.

As I plan to soft mod it, which XBOX is easier to softmod: 360 Fat or Slim?
    Also, what is a better DVD Drive: BenQ, Samsung, or Lite on for softmodding?

Is there a fix for RROD (Red Ring of Death)?
    should that occurr, can I fix this RROD myself and how?

Finally, what will I need for softmodding in terms of tools and softwares?
    Any step-by-step tutorial links will help.

Many thanks for all your replies.

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter
    Thanks
    If you can buy yourself a fat 360 with a benq drive (pull faceplate off the front and under the drive in the RH corner in the hole you should see 2 white wires) these are the very easiest to flash with min hardware to do it and once drive is out of the 360,i can flash mine in under 1 min.If you go for a slim,then unless you completely understand what your doing,then take all the security serial numbers and as many pics of diff parts of the slim as possible and send it to someone who can flash them,If you send it off without secretly marking it or taking pics,you may not get the same 360 back as they could gut swap parts out of it (you live and learn).Or buy a wasabi ode and run your games from a hdd.And 1 last bit of advice,if you can get a 360 fat/slim that has a dash 13599 and under and stick with flashing to lt2 for now.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skagg View Post
    If you can buy yourself a fat 360 with a benq drive (pull faceplate off the front and under the drive in the RH corner in the hole you should see 2 white wires) these are the very easiest to flash with min hardware to do it and once drive is out of the 360,i can flash mine in under 1 min.If you go for a slim,then unless you completely understand what your doing,then take all the security serial numbers and as many pics of diff parts of the slim as possible and send it to someone who can flash them,If you send it off without secretly marking it or taking pics,you may not get the same 360 back as they could gut swap parts out of it (you live and learn).Or buy a wasabi ode and run your games from a hdd.And 1 last bit of advice,if you can get a 360 fat/slim that has a dash 13599 and under and stick with flashing to lt2 for now.

Thanks for this update.
    Couple of questions :
    1) Isn't th fat XBOX360 subject to RROD?
    2) where do I find the dash #, as the dash 13599?

Thanks.

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter
    Thanks
    Yeh fats are subject to rrod,but it depends on how long you play it for at a time,and if you put it somewhere where it can't get a good air supply to it. IF you play it every day for 10 hours at a time and its stored in a small enclosure,then it prob won't last long,its just a case of using common sense.Slims are also prone to this,just not as much.Thats why MS put the rrod warranty up to 3 years because of the over heating probs
    To get the 13599 dash,just google it,or i could up it 4 u if you can't google it for some reason,put the $ystemupdate folder only on a usbstick,plug the stick into the front usb port and turn the 360 ON. then it will auto update to 13599.If you go online or go above the 13599 dash,you will get the new dash,or dae.bin update which will then mean you may as well go up to lt3 flash,buy yourself an ihas burner and pray you don't have countless problems try to burn and get the new xgd3 games to work.If you stay with 13599 dash and lt2 espec if your an offline player,you can burn all the new games without any probs at all and they all will play perfectly.
    Anyone who suggest you to go to lt3 and new dash espec if you dont play online needs a good kick in txhe bollox,cause all i've seen with the new lt3 and new dash is loads of people having probs trying to get all the new games to play and you need to buy a new ihas burner to burn the games and pray they work ok.