Thread: 3 flashing lights

Thanks

3 flashing lights

Have 3 flashing lights one flashed xbox 360. I've done the error code and it's 4142 can anyone help

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Its prolly what happened to mine.... overheating.... what do you have done to your 360... modded or anything...

Thanks
    It was flashed 18 months ago, never had a problem until now, also I notice before the 3 rrod the games would freeze

Many thanks

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter
    Thanks
    Watch a few vids on youtube on replacing thermal paste on cpu/gpu.Try to use original clamps when putting heatsinks back on,or buy a xclamp kit that might make your 360 work for 1 day to another 2 years,but it is only a temporary fix.
    Last edited by skagg; 10-13-2011 at 12:15 PM.

Thanks
    Right I've taken xbox apart, cleaned CPU & GPU applied some thermal paste, put back together, now the power pack stays on Amber, is the power pack faulty or is it to do with the xbox

Many thanks

Thanks
    ive had me xbox fixed but now its got one red light and comes up with e47 ive took the hdd off the red light still stays on does anybody now what this is and is it fixable thanks

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,210 Times in 3,540 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skimit06 View Post
    ive had me xbox fixed but now its got one red light and comes up with e47 ive took the hdd off the red light still stays on does anybody now what this is and is it fixable thanks
    Microsoft Extends 3-Year Warranty To Cover Error E47 Complaints

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter
    Thanks
    If its still within the 3 year warranty (may be lucky with E74 error) then being as you've opened it and hopefully put the xclamps back on,then buy a security sticker of ebay,slap it on the front of the console where the security sticker usually is and give ms a bell tell them its E74'd on you and hopefully they'll pick it up within a few days (took 12 hours from phone call to pickup for mine) and will fix or usually replace within a week or 2.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by skimit06 View Post
    Right I've taken xbox apart, cleaned CPU & GPU applied some thermal paste, put back together, now the power pack stays on Amber, is the power pack faulty or is it to do with the xbox

Many thanks
    how much thermal paste did you use? too much is no good.. also did you cover all those mini chips around the gpu and cpu in it by accident?? it could create a bridge in some cases and cause an issue.. also if you did the xclamp fix try pushing on the gpu in different ways to see if different tensions remove the error.. it might just need more or less tension on the bolts..

also.. there is NO "4" in exbox error codes.. 4 lights = 0 so your code is 0102

0102 unknown error
    • though it's most likely GPU related literally means the console does not know what is wrong. possibly a short or cold solder joint somewhere. So far there is 1 major theory for what causes most of these errors is that the Ram, CPU, or GPU are not soldered properly to the mother board due either to poor manufacturing or excessive heat up and cool down cycles that stress, weaken and eventually break the soldered connection.
      There are two theories to fixing this one deals with the "X" clamps that hold down the chips. The other involves re-Heating the chips. DO NOT attempt either of these if your console is still under warranty. If your console is still under warranty return it to the store where it was purchased or call MS to have it replaced. I have also heard of limited success by simply switching the AV cable from "HDTV" mode to "TV" mode.
    Last edited by Shift_Lock; 10-12-2011 at 12:27 PM.

Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here

[/spoiler]