Thread: use any laptop hard drive on xbox360 S?

Thanks

use any laptop hard drive on xbox360 S?

so my fat 360 finally RROD on me, i plan to buy a 4gb console this weekend. i know the hdd from the fat can be inserted in the slim. but since its a laptop hdd, can any laptop hdd be used on the slim? i have a 20gb, and i dont need much more space, and i have a few dead laptops lying around, i could easily pull the drive out.

note that if this possibly bans me from xbl, i want no part. i dont want to shell out for a 250gb because my xbox crapped out on me and i really dont need all that space.

All-Around OK Guy
    Thanks
    any 2.5 sata drive will work. it would be easier to use it if you bought a case for it off the 'bay. They sell them cheap. the xbox will format it and you should be good to go.

Just be aware that m$ can ban you for anything they dont like...including non-licensed hdds. I got a legit 250gb off 'bay for 48 bucks, free shipping. Not saying you WILL get banned, but if it worries you, I'd go official...

Thanks
    ah ok..... hmm i might just use my 20gb, take it out of the case, and put it in... thanks