Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should i get PS3 or XBOX 360

Thanks

Question Should i get PS3 or XBOX 360

I'm thinking of moving to one of those consoles because i've got tired of wii gaming. Anyways i need some advise on which one would be the best one to buy.

My situation is that, i can't buy ALL the games i want but i can buy th games in which i like playing online. So my question is, is there a mod out there for either ps3 or xbox which lets me play backup games offline and original games online without having a risk to get banned from online server...

I know that you have to have the latest firmware for PS3 in order to play on PSN and xbox live is a rip off i believe...it's not worth paying for online gameplay which is fairly expensive, at least for me...

So now i need you guys to help me decide which one to choose...

Thanks a lot in advance

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by variam View Post
    I'm thinking of moving to one of those consoles because i've got tired of wii gaming. Anyways i need some advise on which one would be the best one to buy.

My situation is that, i can't buy ALL the games i want but i can buy th games in which i like playing online. So my question is, is there a mod out there for either ps3 or xbox which lets me play backup games offline and original games online without having a risk to get banned from online server...

I know that you have to have the latest firmware for PS3 in order to play on PSN and xbox live is a rip off i believe...it's not worth paying for online gameplay which is fairly expensive, at least for me...

So now i need you guys to help me decide which one to choose...

Thanks a lot in advance
    buy a PS3 it is the better machine and both will be replaced soon with the next generation of machines

Thanks
    wasn't expecting this kind of answer...since nintendo's new console would be the same hardware as xbox and ps3 and the new consoles won't be comming out until 2016, playstation has confirmed PS3 to have a life cycle of 10 years at least...

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've got a XBOX and its a great machine. I waited for a bit until a offer came on and got a live membership with a 40% discount.

Yes you can mod both but there is always a chance of being banned when playing games online when you have a mod.
    The makers of wode are bringing out the xode which is the equivilant of the hard mod for the wii but obviously for the xbox so no firmware flashing.

Xbox-Scene News: Team WODE Announces XODE - X360 Optical Drive Emulator

5. 1 User Says Thank You narse1979 For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    I've got a XBOX and its a great machine. I waited for a bit until a offer came on and got a live membership with a 40% discount.

Yes you can mod both but there is always a chance of being banned when playing games online when you have a mod.
    The makers of wode are bringing out the xode which is the equivilant of the hard mod for the wii but obviously for the xbox so no firmware flashing.

Xbox-Scene News: Team WODE Announces XODE - X360 Optical Drive Emulator
    so what you mean is, by hard modding a console, it's hard for company to know that it's been hacked?

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Well you aren't opening the console up to flash the drive and you aren't installing custom firmware that they can detect.

Microsoft do sporadic xbox live banning, so if they detect that you have a custom fw on the box then they ban you live account.

I don't think this has happened for a while but nobody knows when they might do one.

We have a small xbox forum here
    Last edited by narse1979; 06-01-2011 at 02:43 AM.

Thanks

Question Hacking xbox? how does it work?

It seems like last time xbox live were banned was in 2009 and i'm planning on moving from wii to xbox. So now i have a couple of questions and i believe that you guys will be able to answer them...

I've heard that hardmod is much more secure/unbannable then the softmod..is it true? also is there some sort of softmod which doesn't let the microsoft know if the user is on a custom fw.

As, i'm from a nintendo user, i know that nintendo is too lazy to ban anyone so yea now i'm really worried about not getting banned on live..if i buy xbox.

Thanks in advance.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I merged your threads because I didn't see why you couldn't ask that in the same thread.

Yes Microsoft and Sony are very anti modding. Alot more than Nintendo it seems but the wii is getting old now they have recently come down in price £99.00 for a wii bundle.

A question asked on another forum - Will they detect I have custom firmware? A: There is always a chance just grow a pair and do it. If you are too worried then don't do it.

If you play offline you will be ok but games like COD BO have alot of online play.
    The new xode is new to all of us so we will have to see what it brings.

If you want more info on xbox then look HERE

Thanks
    either one can be detected it depends on what M$ wants to look for and want to write code to find out. all are done via an update and we usually know what that update is before it happens.

Thanks
    actually, what i want to know is that, if backedup games played offline and then the orignal copies of games played online, both on custom firmware, do you still get banned? what i mean is that if using an orignal copy when playing online on a custom firmware still gets you banned? you guys might be aware of what kind of people were banned back in 2009...and how they got banned...
    Last edited by variam; 06-01-2011 at 03:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast