Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: All you need for a 360 slim mod

Thanks
    Will this tutorial thread work for an Xbox360 Slim 250gb holiday bundle model that's now being sold in stores?? I'm looking to buy an x360key, and one of the tutorials on that involves dumping the firmware and extracting the DVDkey, but I don't know how to do that. Would this thread help me?

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter
    Thanks
    It depends on the drive and dash it already has on/in it.You will need a usb360pro i think is better for a slim,to be able to read the drive and extract the key.If the dash is the newer dash then it could possibly have a drive thats already locked,which means that you'll need an unlock pcb or use the Russian or Kamakaze hack to get the key,but i can't see it,but you never know until you connect the drive up to retrieve the key.I'll have a look around and see if i can find out what the situation is with the newer slims and post back if there's any problems getting a key off a new slim 360. Have a read of the new jungleflasher tutorial to see whats involved but you'll need to know what chip ie winbond/marconix is in it as each has diff methods of retrieving the key. Just found this that may help some with locked drives and its cheap, Maximus Trident MX Macronix Slim Drive Unlocker.
    Last edited by skagg; 12-03-2011 at 01:20 PM.

3. 1 User Says Thank You skagg For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanks for the help, Skagg! I didn't get my 360 in the mail yet, but when it comes, I'll be sure to check out what the latest Dash is, and I'll open up the system to find out what drive I have. That's the most important thing. Then I'll read up on what the literature says for my particular configurations. What I'm probably going to do is ship the drive out to Modchipcentral so that they can extract the key for me. For $30, that's a steal as opposed to buying all the extra equipment (USB Pro, CK3, etc.), which would actually cost me more than the extraction service itself.

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter
    Thanks
    Just make notes of the serial and a few other things,take a few pics and add a little mark on it here and there to make sure you get the same unit back.

6. 1 User Says Thank You skagg For This Useful Post

Thanks
    That's genius. Thanks! I'll put a little magic marker mark on it somewhere to distinguish it from any other false drives.

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter
    Thanks
    If you got a newish pc with a compatable chipset,then all you'll need is a sata cable from 360 drive to pc's sata connection on the mobo.Power it with the 360 itself, get it into vendor on jf and go to dvdkey tab and press slim key and it'll ask where you want to save it on your pc (thats if the drive is not locked), and thats it.Even i still learn something everyday as people from a few sites ask me questions.I just google and have a nose around mainly for other people.I really ain't got much experience with slims,its fats that i flash and know more about.And the advice about marking parts on your 360 is from personal experience when i used to have someone flash 360's for me,like sending a 360 of once and getting a complete diff 1 back,but being as it did what i wanted i did'nt kick up a fuss about it.Heres a nice tut for fat and slim owners to see how easy it is to set up the m sd card with the necessary files.
    Last edited by skagg; 12-03-2011 at 01:51 PM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123