Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All you need for a 360 slim mod

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter
    Thanks
    From what i've been reading lately it may be a good thing u ain't a beta tester and updated your slim yet or glad u have a 0225 fw,as with the new beta dash update,and soon to be released dash it seems that if u do update the dash on your newly flashed 9504,it will be reflashed by the new dash so no older backups will run only ap25 backups,and u'd still need to reflash your 360 again to get these running or the new adg3 discs, and you'll probably be flagged so until the 360 mod gods find a way around the new dash update it may be better to hold off until something is sorted if u still want to play all backups (not online as i put) just stay at 12625 dash.
    It seems like only fat Hitachi drives seem the only ones to be able to avoid this naughty situation.
    No worries though c4eva and others are already on the case and sorting it.

If u got the cash and desperately want to play 360 backups then buy a lizard if your a complete noob, or a 360 pro if you know a little more and then u can flash from a laptop.
    Theres also a molex external adapter going to be released that is run by 4 aa batterys so with a lizard u won't even need a pc/laptop.
    My advice is wait until the new dash is released then we'll see exactly what is going to happen with the 360 scene and also with the upcoming release of the xkey and xode,life might be a bit easier again for every 360 owner.
    Last edited by skagg; 05-12-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: get my info right

2. 2 Users Say Thank You to skagg For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Anyone knows if its worth me trying to mod a xbox 360 slim matt black, bought from shop december 2010, i have modded a wii and thats it and im not even sure of the term "flashing the xbox" i think it means to make it read burnt games?
    ANYWAY from the above info do u think its worth trying and would it be expensive? Thanks all coments appricated

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Read the post above your post..... Flashing means putting custom firmware on the xbox' drive to enable it to read burnt backup discs and no it not expensive to do.
    Look at the Jungle Flasher Tutorial I Posted the other day. Loads of info. Best way to learn = read...

also read this Xbox-Scene News: Team WODE Announces XODE - X360 Optical Drive Emulator
    May make life easier....

Banned
    Thanks
    Yea I would wait a while till the XODE came out! Cause after it an the X360KEY come out flashing will be a thing of the past.

Sent from my Moto Citrus on WiiHacks App!

Thanks
    1 read all of that is their a way to do this without a home computer/desktop , i only have a laptop its the original xbox 360 with hitachi drive im wanting to flash

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    By the way you are posting in a thread for the xbox slim

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    By the way you are posting in a thread for the xbox slim
    yeh i know i have xbox slim just figured would prob be easyier or a few methods to do the orginal xbox 360 since its been out longer? and in the guide that i downloaded from this forum had info on doing orginal xbox 360's. Anyway any idea if its nessary to open up the computer for the "SATA" cable to connect to the motherboard (not the xbox i know this needs the drive took out) ??

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The info you are reading is the jungle flasher tutorial which I tried pointing out to you earlier in the thread. The jf tutorial covers all xbox's including the slim.

Anyway any idea if its nessary to open up the computer for the "SATA" cable to connect to the motherboard
    Have a look at the usbpro XECUTER X360 USB PRO ! | Team Xecuter

~ WiiHacks VIP ~
    ***** Supporter
    Thanks
    Person 2,u can use the x360 pro or lizard to flash your fat hitachi using your Laptop,but you prob will have a Liteon 0225 drive or new hitachi in your slim 360 which atm is not flashable,but fw is very soon to be released for that so until then, as said if you buy a lizard which if u want something noob proof and have not read anything from jf then its definately for you, plus with an external molex adapter very soon to be released,then you won't even need your laptop.

My advice to anybody wanting to mod a 360 is if your not desperate then just give it until the end of may when M$ release their dash update,and everybodys got a grip on whats to be done to carry on with whats best to run your backups weather it be through LT2 fw flash,an xode or an xkey. Games will still be available so wait and see the outcome,and as jtags are hard to get and keep running these days,it would be nice to run all new and old games from an ex hdd rather than the disc option,but only time will tell.
    Last edited by skagg; 05-12-2011 at 12:01 PM.

11. 1 User Says Thank You skagg For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    I didnt take MINE apart.. lol.. it was a buddies.

and no....... it wasnt.. so I broke 2 snaps for nothin....
    You must be that person who gets frustrated when they take things apart and say "eff it" and start ripping it apart. There are plenty of Youtube vids that show you how to take it apart.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast