Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Game disc has developed a crack....it seems like a time bomb now...

Banned
    Thanks

Game disc has developed a crack....it seems like a time bomb now...

It's a game I play almost on a daily basis, I've just had it for 3 months, and yesterday I discovered it's been developing a crack in the center, you know, where the transparent circle thing is...I fear it's growing every time I play it, so my Xbox must be causing this, if it goes any deeper the game may become unplayable, how can I stop this? though it does seem impossible to prevent...unless I buy an HDD and install the game in there so the disc is no longer needed?

Thanks
    i would put some super glue over the crack but only a tiny little bit, but i use super glue to fix everything

^^^^^^^^pimpness from the mighty bmarlo ^^^^^^^^

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Why do you continue to use a damaged disc, couldn't you damage your hardware by repeated use of a defective disc?

All-Around OK Guy
    Thanks
    Seems like even a very small crack, let alone a small amount of superglue over it, would take the balance out of the spinning disc, and cause all sorts of issues. Even a very samll amount could be terrible spinning as fast as the discs do...

Thanks
    true ive fixed a cd that way once but i didnt think about that at the time lol,

^^^^^^^^pimpness from the mighty bmarlo ^^^^^^^^

Banned
    Thanks
    The crack isn't that big, in fact it looks like a scratch...but as I said it keeps growing very slowly, it's a line that's going from the center of the disc and expanding little by little...Stomp 442, your question sounds as if it were possible to use a defective -badly cracked- disc, I don't think that's even possible...I should put up a picture soon so everyone can see...

Banned
    Thanks

This is it...yes THAT is the crack, surprisingly the game is still working...I wonder how much longer things will remain this way....this is my favorite 360 game...but I don't want to get another one, someone here said I should use glue? I don't know...no offense but that is just as believable as the tooth paste disc fix videos on Failtube, I need some opinions on this, idk what to do, i'm sure Microsoft won't tell me anything useful...they never do, and I can't send the disc back to the seller either, so here's what I think: the crack is expanding because of the rapid spin of the disc inside the Xbox when playing, so if I get an HDD everything should be fine...I know you still have to put the disc inside, but it will no longer spin, and the data will be read from the HDD instead, if there's a flaw in this logic, please let me know...just comment and suggest something or tell me if I should go get an HDD....
    Last edited by GW100609; 03-19-2011 at 01:43 PM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    It seems to me, sooner or later it will start to touch the laser lens and get scratches on it.

All-Around OK Guy
    Thanks
    You could load the disc to your xbox HDD. You still need the disc to play it, but it will only spin a minute to load it, and then the game is played off of the HDD. That's what I would do...

Banned
    Thanks
    The disc is still perfectly flat, the crack can only be seen from below, if you see the disc from above you won't even know there's a crack...and you mean this disc will cause scratches on the laser lens? As of now I find it kinda hard for that to happen...unless the crack covers all of the disc and breaks it, the disc is not yet broken...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast