Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Game disc has developed a crack....it seems like a time bomb now...

Thanks
    What I would do is to get my 360 Flashed ( id do mine myself ) and back up my copy of it. Then tuck that one away in the drawer and keep safe, maybe one day making a garden decoration out of it like some do, lol.

CC

If I've helped please click the THANKS tab!

Ciosx rev19 base ios57, Hermes v5, Wiimc on 202, Neogamma R9b8

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

dogeggs 3.1-4.1/Shadowsonics 4.2/Error Index/SysCheck 1.61

Banned
    Thanks
    It's not that easy, the wii is a piece of cake, but I don't have the spine to take a 360 apart....most of the 360 tutorials i've seen...it's like they're talking in some other language, plus it seems I need to buy a lot of stuff before I flash it....I wish someone could do it for me, but I know nobody of the sort.

Thanks
    there are ppl that can do it closer than you realise

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Banned
    Thanks
    I can't take risks with Microsoft's ban-hammer...what I did was forcibly buy a 120GB HDD off of e-bay...when I receive it, i'll install the game and play it from there, I'm betting this will stop the disk from having that crack grow more...though if it keeps growing i'll have to re-buy the game...though with the HDD, this shouldn't happen to any game anymore...I've also heard rumors about cracks being caused by microsoft's badly designed game boxes...but idk

Thanks
    I've come across many lasers that Scratch disks but never crack them, lmao.

As for the ban-hammer, i been online since the big ban wave from B4 and I've yet to be banned, and I play online all the time.
    Those that were banned were because of the Fw one of the drives being bad/wrong FW being used and games not being stealthed properly.

All-Around OK Guy
    Thanks
    Like I said before, right? You can rip the game to your HDD on the xbox without flashing it. It is an option within the xbox itself, that microsoft has in place. You still need to insert the disc to play the game, but it only spins up once to validate the thing. After the xbox realizes that you are playing the retail game, it will load from the HDD. It's faster than disc loading, and it will prolong your disc-life...

Thanks
    I had the same problem with the old xbox 360 and the crack will get larger and then you will get concentric ring's on your disc which will make it unplayable.As far as i am aware the xbox checks for the disc at various time's when you install it to hdd so you might find it will just prolong the inevitable it's not worth the risk the speed xbox disc's read at are very very fast and also the disc's are very brittle when compared to other system's if it shatter's inside the drive pieces will go everywhere. I have seen that crack happen just by pressing down on the push button inside the case the wings on the side of it put pressure on the center very bad design i normally grab both sides of the tab pull them together and let the disc pop out itself

Banned
    Thanks
    So your take on this is the box design was responsible for the crack? Partly i'd agree, I'ts unlike any other 360 case I've seen, it seems to be an "ecological" design (cheap in other words), a big portion of plastic is missing on both sides of the case...the holes have almost a circular shape, but that's not mainly the problem, I always felt it was WAY TOO HARD to get the game disc out of there...so I agree with you there, the push button's design is horrible, I could indeed feel some of the pressure...that's why I changed cases, I gave the cracked game's case to a game I play the least and a normal one to my already cracked disc...maybe it's not my console after all, I've played other games this much and they've never been cracked.

Thanks
    Maybe try contacting the Game manufacturer with pics of the disk and Case, maybe try to get some refund or at the least a voucher for your next purchase.....worth a try....nothing ventured nothing gained.

CC

Banned
    Thanks
    This game has a long story behind it...first it was defective because it had data errors, there was an INVISIBLE level, no joke, the replacement disc which is the one that's cracked right now, that one works fine and doesn't have any data error...but as you know it's defective as well, or should I say the case is defective? I did venture into trying to get a second replacement, and explained the situation to my seller, hoping he'd be as understanding as the first time, well...all he said is "I'm sorry but this item is out the returns window now", can I blame him? If I were in the seller's place i'd find it hard to believe a game disc has gone defective twice...but quite honestly I also paid for return shipping so I'd say I have a bit of a right for a second replacement...what do you say? should I file a claim with amazon directly?

oh and here's the shitty game box, I HATE it...but who wouldn't?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast