Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: XBOX 360 Elite Hack

Thanks

XBOX 360 Elite Hack

I've doing quite the searching lately.

First off, I successfully soft modded my 4.2u Wii last year thanks to this lovely website. And now I wish to take on a grander challenge: The new XBOX360 Elites.

So far the only thing I've been able to turn to is Jungle Flash 1.83 Beta. Does this work for Elites seeing as how they already have their built in Hard Drives??

Obviously, hacking a Wii and an XBOX are two different procedures entirely, and I'm very naive as to the terminology or how it is even done for the 360. Any direction on where to get started would be great. Is there a website similar to wiihacks.com that could further help me? Or can I avoid other websites entirely and continue to trust my wiihack friends

Thanks a lot everyone!

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 3,605 Posts
    Blog Entries
    You quoted the best source for this kind of info or tutorial --- the Jungle Flasher comes with a PDF that helps you identify your DVD drive and walk you through it. So long as it's not a Slim, you can do it. It's simply the task of identifying your drive and following the appropriate section of the guide pertaining to that particular drive.

Thanks
    Thank you nightstah, I can always count on you it seems. So I can't use the new slims? I guess I can save money and just get a regular 360 then. I just want to do the same thing I can do with my Wii, which is putting back up .iso's on my external and playing them through a lovely list of games like they have on usbLoaderGX. So just search for the latest version of Jungle Flash and its self explanatory from there? Seems too good to be true!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ezwider View Post
    Thank you nightstah, I can always count on you it seems. So I can't use the new slims? I guess I can save money and just get a regular 360 then. I just want to do the same thing I can do with my Wii, which is putting back up .iso's on my external and playing them through a lovely list of games like they have on usbLoaderGX. So just search for the latest version of Jungle Flash and its self explanatory from there? Seems too good to be true!
    to do that you need to have a jtagged 360. To jtag the 360 you need 7371 kernel or lower.
    when you mod the 360, you make the dvd drive be able to read burned games.
    See the Thanks button over there?
    <================================= Click it

Thanks
    is there anyway to just play the games directly from the external drive? or can it only be done with burned discs?

Thanks
    is there anyway to just play the games directly from the external drive? or can it only be done with burned discs?
    The ONLY way a 360 can play games from any hard drive is to jtag the box. Kernel 7371 or lower only...Anything else and you're SOL..

Thanks
    in other words, nope. You're stuck with burned games unless you got a low kernel version.
    See the Thanks button over there?
    <================================= Click it

Thanks
    Yeah, so basically if I havent bought the 360 yet its not going to be a low enough kernel. Got it. So I'm stuck with playing back up discs, thats fine by me. Any good links for detailed instructions from a XBOX360 Elite or a Slim thats stock that gets you to the point of playing back up discs? Or does it not work with slims, the easiest route would be helpful for me, I am fine with a bulky 360 it doesnt matter to me.

Thanks
    I would also like to know if its possible to hack the new xbox slim as i have to a spare i could tinker with? But i do know that when the mandatory update came out in quarter 4 last year the kinect dashboard update it also came with new anti piracy included in the update something about any game developed after fable 3 would not work as a backup after the update

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,290 Times in 3,605 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Um, look at post #2 on slims. The other you mean is called AP2.5 (Anti-Piracy 2.5, I do believe). Look here.

11. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast