Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Drive flashing questions/concerns...

All-Around OK Guy
    Thanks

Drive flashing questions/concerns...

So I want to flash my xbox360 drive to play backup discs. I have a couple questions for those that know more than I do...
    1. I never play online, but I DO buy dlc for rockband all of the time. Will having a flashed drive ban me from live all together?
    2. I won't play backups online, so if i unhook my ethernet when I play, will it still be detected that I have a flashed drive when I go to purchase DLC?

How does MS detect a flashed drive? Do the games have a sig in them that is requied for play>

Sorry to be a redundant doofus about it. I don't want to ruin my ability to buy DLC songs. I loves me some rockband!!

Thanks
    You have to burn the 360 games a specific way because of the AP25 protection M$ uses, then run the game through abgx to be sure it is "stealth"..

3. 1 User Says Thank You CompletelyBefuddled For This Useful Post

Thanks
    you will not get banned for having your drive flashed . you get banned by playing games that are not stealth.microsoft cant detect firmware.they can detect if u use your xbox 360 to power the drive for flashing. you will be ok if the drive was flashed properly

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtruckin972 View Post
    they can detect if u use your xbox 360 to power the drive for flashing. you will be ok if the drive was flashed properly
    ^^ Forgot to mention that part. Even though you can use the 360 console to power the dvd drive for flashing, it is not recommended because of the above stated reason. M$ can flag your console for being disconnected from the box.

The best way, in my opinion, is to get a CK 3Pro connectivity set and use your pc to power the drive.

Thanks
    If the drive is not flashed with litetouch + firmware and you try to play a backup with ap2.5 protection your console will get flagged for a ban. I would recommend using a ck3 kit as it makes it much easier along with jungle flasher.

Also before you start burning games you will need abgx 1.05 to check if the iso is stealthed and patched correctly for ap2.5 plus get imgburn for burning

All-Around OK Guy
    Thanks
    I'm almost ready to actually do it. The dvd flashing, I mean...
    1 more question, can I/do I take the system updates from MS? If I update, and I'm not supposed to, will I need to re-flash my dvd drive?
    Thanks a bunch for the answers here...

Thanks
    You may have to reflash depending on what the update contains if in doubt refuse the update and check it out first

9. 1 User Says Thank You cenatuar For This Useful Post

All-Around OK Guy
    Thanks
    About burnung the games:
    I have and use imgburn
    DL DVD+R
    When I burn the game, do I use the .ISO file I have, or the .DVD file that abgx creates? What is the difference?
    Thanks for all of the info, guys...

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,332 Times in 3,633 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Use the file that it creates (it contains the layer break information).

Edit: The Jungle Flash PDF file still says you can power your drive via the XBox 360, FYI. This is how I flashed mine and my GF's cousin's XBox.
    Last edited by nightstah; 03-15-2011 at 05:54 PM.

12. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post

All-Around OK Guy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Use the file that it creates (it contains the layer break information).

Edit: The Jungle Flash PDF file still says you can power your drive via the XBox 360, FYI. This is how I flashed mine and my GF's cousin's XBox.
    I have a ck3 pro, external molex, and cables. I'm planning to use my laptop for the flashing. I followed the JF steps to let my laptop use unsigned drivers(windows 7 os). Still can't get it to see/use the porti0 drivers. Do they stay in the jf files I extracted as they are, or do they go in the drivers folder on my comp? I don't even know if my sata will work, but I need to try it before I can justify a x360 usbpro. Once I get the porti0 running, I will go from there. Btw, really haven't done much troubleshooting on this yet. I can only work on it when my wife isn't home. She doesn't want me mucking it up. It was same with the wii. Once she saw what I did with it, she changed her tune. I hope she does the same with the 360!!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast