Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drive flashing questions/concerns...

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,395 Times in 3,688 Posts
    Blog Entries
    IDK, I use an Intel chipset motherboard with SATA. I didn't need to fool with that whole drivers thing. The weird thing is, after posting my response I downloaded the latest JF manual. It still says powering the drive via the XBox itself is fine --- yet the GUIDE on their site says the OS logs such things (powering up without a perceivable drive attached). Perhaps they should edit the regular manual and say that, too --- LOL. I've never even connected this one to the net as yet. Lite On 8350 V1 drive --- was flashable just like the Benq etc (except I had to do the half-drive-open thing).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by namyarb3 View Post
    I have a ck3 pro, external molex, and cables. I'm planning to use my laptop for the flashing. I followed the JF steps to let my laptop use unsigned drivers(windows 7 os). Still can't get it to see/use the porti0 drivers. Do they stay in the jf files I extracted as they are, or do they go in the drivers folder on my comp? I don't even know if my sata will work, but I need to try it before I can justify a x360 usbpro. Once I get the porti0 running, I will go from there. Btw, really haven't done much troubleshooting on this yet. I can only work on it when my wife isn't home. She doesn't want me mucking it up. It was same with the wii. Once she saw what I did with it, she changed her tune. I hope she does the same with the 360!!!
    If you have the latest JF you don't need to worry about the unsigned drivers, they have it all figured out and no need to install the portIO either, it runs on the fly so to speak.
    As for the M$ updates, keep your eye on the net. Game updates are fine, but dash updates are designed to cause problems.
    Only time will tell if our drives will need updating again, use to happen frequently but its all slowed down now, longer between updates.

BTW what drive is it your flashing, I cant recall you saying. I can advise on all aspects of 360 modding should you require any additional info m8.

Good Luck

CC

If I've helped please click the THANKS tab!

Ciosx rev19 base ios57, Hermes v5, Wiimc on 202, Neogamma R9b8

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

dogeggs 3.1-4.1/Shadowsonics 4.2/Error Index/SysCheck 1.61

3. 1 User Says Thank You crazycastle For This Useful Post

All-Around OK Guy
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycastle View Post
    If you have the latest JF you don't need to worry about the unsigned drivers, they have it all figured out and no need to install the portIO either, it runs on the fly so to speak.
    As for the M$ updates, keep your eye on the net. Game updates are fine, but dash updates are designed to cause problems.
    Only time will tell if our drives will need updating again, use to happen frequently but its all slowed down now, longer between updates.

BTW what drive is it your flashing, I cant recall you saying. I can advise on all aspects of 360 modding should you require any additional info m8.

Good Luck

CC
    Its a benq drive. I also have the latest dash, if that matters. So, I can just hook up my drive to see if my chipset works, huh? I thought I had to have porti0 working first. I'll try tomorrow night, and if I have problems, do you mind a pm so I don't clog a wii site with xbox stuff?

Thanks
    no worries about pm.

Hook up the drive and turn it on and then turn on JF, it should see the benq straight away. then follow the pdf and you wont go wrong, but make sure you read through a couple of times first so no mistakes made, lol.

CC

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Under the "I checked what I could check" category, I ran Xval on this modded one and get Clean Security Data. Of course, I think this mainly reports violations that would come into play with AP2.5 (LT firmware should be OK for me so long as I abgx it, lol). I don't think it's accessible to me on OS logging that I had the unit powered without the SATA cable attached (meaning I'm sure it's there but no way to access that).

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Under the "I checked what I could check" category, I ran Xval on this modded one and get Clean Security Data. Of course, I think this mainly reports violations that would come into play with AP2.5 (LT firmware should be OK for me so long as I abgx it, lol). I don't think it's accessible to me on OS logging that I had the unit powered without the SATA cable attached (meaning I'm sure it's there but no way to access that).
    As far as i'm aware the xval check is to see if you've been flagged for a ban after taking an update. So the way I see it is that if you have flashed your drive after accepting the dash update using your 360 then it wouldnt show a flagg.
    But If you updated dash since flashing and xval still shows your 360 is free from an impending ban than excellent. I would still not take a chance personally, but thats just me.

No-one really knows for sure, yes there are educated theorys and C4e and team jungle are monitoring the data sent between XBL and your consoles, but it is still a grey area. So I take all precations and once bought its yours forever. I suppose it depends on how many you do to whether or not you'd spend 30 on a ck3, or any of the Team X tools, lol.

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Dr. House @ Wiihacks
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I just find it very poor that the JF manual says you can power it this way, only to see the guide say otherwise. I did the Lite-On flash, but XBL wants to update (I never had it connected to the 'net; the original owner did, but obviously before whatever latest and greatest so-called update appeared). So from my understanding, since I'm personally not setup for XBL if I want it --- I'd have to accept it --- right? I primary intend to offline game, but I have kids.

Thanks
    Yes, you'd have to accept the latest updates as soon as you connected to XBL otherwise it disconnects.

I can't say for deffinate but i know the nand can only hold small amounts of info due to its size, so with anyluck if you did connect to XBL , that info ( if it was logged ) would hopefully have been overwritten.

As for the JF PDF it gives an array of options to help people flash thier drives with varrying budgets/talents/tools. I agree it should state "For Offline Use" or "Refer Too" but it doesn't, just like the many varying Wii Tutorials - Many of which cause bricks.

If there is anything further I can help with Nightstah then don't hesitate to contact me. I'm not around on Wiihacks as much as I used to be, but any PM's still go to my email.

CC

Thanks
    If i remember the last dashboard update was mandatory also know as the kinect dashboard and it includes the new anti piracy patch in it(AP2.5) and as crazycastle says you get the prompt as soon as you connect to live but it affects games that were made after fable 3

Thanks
    not just games after but before too, lol.

Black Ops

MW2

Halo Reach.

If you got a black screen after the update its because your uptodate on your FW and you've been protected ( big thanks C4e ). Just extract the iso from your backup, bin the disk. Run again throught the latest version of ABGX and watch it get patched. Reburn and have fun.

If you never got a black screen then your either lucky and have an old Hitachi or sammy and you can continue as you were.....

OR

You have got an older FW on your newer hitachi or Liteon and have now been possibly flagged for a ban.

Google Xval download and follow instructions to see if you have been flagged. There is a fix b4 you get banned but not after!!

All the above assumes your on the latest Kinnect Dash of course.

CC

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast