Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Xbox 360 not reading some discs!

Thanks

Xbox 360 not reading some discs!

Hey everyone. I have a flashed firmware light on drive for my 360 arcade and for some reason some games have not been reading and freezing. I've tried playing my backup of Lord of the Rings Conquest which was working perfectly until one day whenever it went onto the menu it started slowing and freezing a bit. An error pops up which is unreadable since it pops up so quickly and the game exits to the menu of my 360. The other games seem to be fine except need for speed shift backup seems to be freezing a bit as well. It's really weird because when it freezes, if you press the xbox button and then exit the xbox menu it plays for 2 seconds and then freezes again. I've cleaned the discs they seem to be fine.

Do you think the laser is going or what? Do I need a fan? I've barely played at all.

Help would be appreciated.

Edit:I just realised there's another post for this
    Last edited by Numaholic; 09-11-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Thanks
    Try placing your xbox 360 vertical, sometimes this works.

also when your putting in a game, befor it starts to read tap on top of the xbox were the disc area is at(firmly) I kid you not this works sometimes.

I also have an xbox360 that I dont play much and one or two games of mine needs a little boost to work.

3. 1 User Says Thank You MezoRock For This Useful Post

Thanks
    The tapping worked for my Need for Speed Shift game, it ran flawlessly! Although my Lord of the Rings Conquest is still stuffing up at the start menu. Putting it vertically didn't really work or tapping which was a bit annoying. I would think of it as a bad disk but it was working perfectly until two days ago, it seems really odd. Do you think I should try burning it again? It would cost me quite an amount so I want to avoid it if I can. Could another possibility be corrupt files on the 360? It doesn't seem to be the profiles since it slowed down before I logged into a profile. The thing is the disk makes quite loud sounds which would point to the disk. But there's no slowing down on the advertising before the main menu, only at it and continuously after.

Thanks for the help guys! But does anyone have any ideas about Lord of the Rings Conquest? Thanks!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Numaholic View Post
    The tapping worked for my Need for Speed Shift game, it ran flawlessly! Although my Lord of the Rings Conquest is still stuffing up at the start menu. Putting it vertically didn't really work or tapping which was a bit annoying. I would think of it as a bad disk but it was working perfectly until two days ago, it seems really odd. Do you think I should try burning it again? It would cost me quite an amount so I want to avoid it if I can. Could another possibility be corrupt files on the 360? It doesn't seem to be the profiles since it slowed down before I logged into a profile. The thing is the disk makes quite loud sounds which would point to the disk. But there's no slowing down on the advertising before the main menu, only at it and continuously after.

Thanks for the help guys! But does anyone have any ideas about Lord of the Rings Conquest? Thanks!
    yeah I would re burn the game, burn at 2.4 speed and use verbatim disc.
    make sure your using the layer break code for img burn.

Thanks
    O.K, well I actually use Cookies XBOX 360 game burner, does that do the job? And yeh, I do use Verbatim and I burn it at slowest possible speed. Should I try burning with IMGburn instead? Thanks!

Thanks
    Actually, I was playing Need for Speed Shift today and it's not working again. It seems to be when I finish a race first it freezes completely. You have to exit to the 360 menu. When you play the disc a message pops up telling me to clean the disc and re-insert it. Anyone know why this is? It's really concerning me. Thanks guys for the help!

Edit:
    I was playing GTA 4 except when I inserted the disc, it says the disk is unreadable. After a few times it got into the GTA 4 sign but then it completely froze. Red dead redemption seemed to work though. Is the disk drive going or what? This is extremely frustrating, I've hardly ever played as I said. Does it need to be sent to the repair shop?

Thanks everyone.
    Last edited by Numaholic; 09-15-2010 at 02:34 AM.

Thanks
    might need to recalabrate ur eye

WiiHacks Staff
    VWA
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by supershady24 View Post
    might need to recalabrate ur eye
    Hey supershady24, you do realize this thread is almost a year old?

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,598 Times in 1,915 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by playerkp420 View Post
    Hey supershady24, you do realize this thread is almost a year old?
    Well, better late then never I guess...LOL At least he was making an attempt. A pointless effort, but at least it was an attempt.

Thanks
    lol na didnt look at the date lol ... so guys can u put games on ur hd or no . instead of burning them lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast