Thread: Xbox 360 power mains question

Thanks

Xbox 360 power mains question

SO I was wondering if anyone knows or has done this....I want to know if a USA 360 power supply will work on a UK 360 in the USA. Basicly just swaping the power supplies, I recently learned that this was what was done on the wii. Wii at the back is a 12v source so you can just swap the power mains and then you can use the UK wii in the USA no problems. (power related at least) So I was wondering if this was also the case for 360's

Thanks
    Thanked 4,103 Times in 2,453 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quick serach gives me this.

Output Voltage DC 203W 12V, 16.5 A, 5Vsb 1A

Seems the Xbox360 likes it's DC input voltage in the same flavour as the Wii, just a LOT more of it. 16.5Amps is a lot of 12V current. No wonder the machine makes a lot of noise, must generate a bucket load of heat (I don't have one so I'm guessing)
    Not really doing much Wii stuff these days.

Thanks
    Thanked 4,319 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Wow 16.5 A is ALOT. I always wondered why my buddy's 360 is so loud.
    Damn I suck!!!!

Thanks

Us

Quote Originally Posted by Tealc View Post
    Quick serach gives me this.

Output Voltage DC 203W 12V, 16.5 A, 5Vsb 1A

Seems the Xbox360 likes it's DC input voltage in the same flavour as the Wii, just a LOT more of it. 16.5Amps is a lot of 12V current. No wonder the machine makes a lot of noise, must generate a bucket load of heat (I don't have one so I'm guessing)
    Mine says:
    input ac 200-240v (2.7a) 47-63Hz
    output dc 12v (16.5a) 5vsb 1a

SO am I right in thinking because its a output of 12v that this is the same as the wii and that a stock USA power adapter swap will work?

And yes they do throw out alot of heat...heat is actualy the problem with these xboxes... I buy them with thr rrod and fix them/sell them on. As I'm sure you know the x-clamps cause flexing issues under the extream heat in the system. I'm sure you know the story...but you open and replace the x clamps and while your in there do enough case mods to make it run nice and cold... well that what I do. I could make a sticky post if you wanted with all the details...let me know...
    Last edited by wii-noobie; 03-16-2010 at 02:14 AM.