Thread: 3 red flashing lights

gac
    Thanks

3 red flashing lights

I have fixed my xbox before with paste and screws and removed clamps and lasted for over a year, now have 3 red lights again bought new paste and screws and tried a few times but cannot get rid of the 3 lights

Thanks
    I have a good friend who repairs the rrod's with some expensive equipment. He heats and removes the chip cleans up the crap ms solder resolders and bobs your uncle. All this for 35. But the downside is postage- about 11 to post one way so thats 57 total repair cost and new Arcade is less than 100.

If I've helped please click the THANKS tab!

Ciosx rev19 base ios57, Hermes v5, Wiimc on 202, Neogamma R9b8

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

dogeggs 3.1-4.1/Shadowsonics 4.2/Error Index/SysCheck 1.61

Thanks
    Hi Guys,
    Seriously this 3 red light errors that occur on xbox 360 console is really very irritating

and i met with this problem on my console yesterday, I tried some of the techniques to

solve this problm but failed to fix it, I started search on net with the help of which I

got the best solution, the solution is nothing but a guide. With the help of this

step-by-step guide I was able to fix the 3 red light errors forever. Hope this guide may

also help you.

Xbox 360 Red Ring Of Death Fix - How To Guide
    How to fix 2 red light error friends?

Thanks
    I know you think it's fixed because its now working but this is only temporary. What you've done is corrected the warping of the MB. This will only last for about 6mths (IME). The 360 will continue to get hot due to a poor design with bad airflow and the solder joints around the gpu will breakdown permanantly. I would definately get someone with a reball station to do the job properly. But this only my opinion from my own experiences.

Never, ever, argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

5. 1 User Says Thank You crazycastle For This Useful Post

Thanks
    forgot to add. the reason the solder joints break is because of the CHEAP solder MS uses

Thanks
    I buy xbox 360's with rrod off ebay and fix them all the same way... the way I do it is the same as the above shown link... works great, then I sell them on... Very few can't be fixed, however, ones where ppl towel them ect (all the crap quick fixes) can ruin the CPU/GPU points and then you have a very different problem. Other great methods include case mods...try these:

Xbox 360 (VERY GOOD)

Thermal Paste and How To Use It - techPowerUp! Forums

techPowerUp! :: How do I properly lap a heatsink/ waterblock?

Xbox_360_Cooling_Mod

Xbox-experts.com - Tutorial - Heatgunning with Isolation (LAST OPTION!!)

After all this if nothing works...then sell it on ebay for scrap/parts and get a new elite! Hope this helps....it fixes them for me!