Thread: total 360 noob

Thanks

total 360 noob

ok, i have a few quick questions that i am getting different responses to. 1st is there a really good site that has modding info for the 360? second, do you have to flash the 360 or is there a way to usbload kinda like the wii? and lastly how do you know which dashboard you have (and which are ok in comparison), since i read the summer 09 one is bad? hopefully that will get me started enough to know what i need to look for thanks

Thanks
    You will need to dissasemble the 360 it is the actual drive that needs to be flashed for which you will need to power the drive with the 360 but hook the sata cable to your PC. Jungleflasher is a good program and site for doing the above. As for which dashboard some games I believe will update the dashboard to some degree. You do not have a choice for that no update no play.

Thanks
    darn, i was really hoping for a usbloader. thank you for the info, but i enjoy my online play and wouldn't wanna get banned just cause i modded it up. unless there is a way to prevent that. i will check the site u gave and read up thanks again

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by diinamic2 View Post
    darn, i was really hoping for a usbloader. thank you for the info, but i enjoy my online play and wouldn't wanna get banned just cause i modded it up. unless there is a way to prevent that. i will check the site u gave and read up thanks again
    most modders are banned when they either A) don't apply stealth patches to their games (the game send info about its identity and if someone has identical you can guess what happens) or B) play a game before it comes out.

Thanks
    if you don't want to get banned then don't play backup even if it's stealth, I know ppl that run stealth games and get banned...

Thanks
    ok, i have a few quick questions that i am getting different responses to. 1st is there a really good site that has modding info for the 360? second, do you have to flash the 360 or is there a way to usbload kinda like the wii? and lastly how do you know which dashboard you have (and which are ok in comparison), since i read the summer 09 one is bad? hopefully that will get me started enough to know what i need to look for thanks
    1 xbox scene (great newbie section)

2 you will need to flash the drive to play backups from the disk.

3 there is some homebrew for the 360 that will let you play form the hdd but its not for easily scared and if youve play a new game or been on live in the last few months then no homebrew for you.

Thanks
    You'll also need a big stack of Verbatim Dual Layer discs. Well not always verbatim, but they do work the best.

Prepare yourself to open up the hardware, it's not quite as simple as the wii.

Thanks
    All of the above are correct, open your box, get jungleflasher, to flash your xbox, the firmware can be found on xbins,

and to answer your question NO there is no way to load games via a USB, however if your console is pre 7xxx dashboard you can get the cpu key, jtag it, and install something like XEX loader which will get you banned in no time, and then you can play games straight off of your hard drive, I still think you need to burn discs for this though, and it requires a good soldering skill.