Thread: Thoughts....

Thanks

Thoughts....

Well, I've been wanting a 360 for some time now. I'm not big in the online gaming community (especially since you have to pay for that content!). Today, I was looking at craigslist and found some REALLY good deals.

+Already hacked
    +$60

However, they are banned from online play. If I know that I'm not going to utilize online play, would it be worth it then to get one that is already banned? I mean, other then not being able to play online, just local games, that'd be fine, right?
    A\V HARDWARE
    VIERA TC-P50G10 • Lift Cabinet • Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III 5.1 • Kenwood VR-406
    WD HD TV Live (WDLXTV-Live-0.4.1.9-6) • SeaGate Expansion 1TB • Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB
    WII HARDWARE
    Version 3.2U • Maxtor One Touch III 750GB • Psycole Charge Station
    WII HACKS
    Preloader v0.30 • IOS v3.0 • System Menu v289 • USB Loader GX Rev843 • IOS249 (Rev 14)
    "I'm right 98 percent of the time, the other 3% doesn't really matter."

WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The only thing that i see you running into is the updates that some games require when new ones come out... but microsoft i think release's cd versions of big updates on the webiste that you burn on a cd-r and then put in the 360 to update... but if you are not worried about never being able to get online then i say that, that is a good deal

Thanks
    HI,
    i would not buy it. Because, you wont get any guarantees that the xbox 360 was broken(and temporarily fixed). ask the seller if the seal is broken.
    Ask the seller which motherboard it has.
    The xbox 360 is well known to have overheating issues.
    The best motherboard out there is the jasper motherboard, it is more energie efficient and generates less heat, therefore meaning less chance that the xbox will overheat.
    Last but not least, will you be using the box to play divx files or any other media files, if so, you may encounter a problem being banned from live, because you may require an media update to play such files.

Thanks
    well, he neglected to say that it was JUST the console, he started upping the price for power/HDD/cables/controllers... so it wasn't that good a deal. thanks for the information however. i think that getting one off of craigs is fine, but i'll stick with "new" items (couple in my local area for around a hundred, thats aiight with me, no shipping!!) are the newer consoles coming out, coming with that motherboard? and, if your not using online, can you get the updates via pc, burn them, and update them that way? i'd hate to think that you have to purchase a live account, just for updates.... =[ thanks again!! =]
    A\V HARDWARE
    VIERA TC-P50G10 • Lift Cabinet • Bose Acoustimass 6 Series III 5.1 • Kenwood VR-406
    WD HD TV Live (WDLXTV-Live-0.4.1.9-6) • SeaGate Expansion 1TB • Seagate FreeAgent XTreme 1.5TB
    WII HARDWARE
    WII HACKS
    Preloader v0.30 • IOS v3.0 • System Menu v289 • USB Loader GX Rev843 • IOS249 (Rev 14)

Thanks
    Yes, all the new consoles come with the new motherboard.
    But there is a downside to that. the consoles with a manufacturing date of 14 aug 2009 and above, have a new drive that is currently undumpable.
    But the iXtreme team iss working hard to get this fixed.
    If i were you i would buy a new xbox 360 arcade for like $200 excl tax.
    you get a silver xbox live membership. and the available updates ar free.
    bUt you can't update alle tha update via pc. some updates require going online withe the xbox 360.

So good luck man.

Thanks
    I wouldnt pay more than say $140 for a full package of cables/controller/console modded/banned. If it was broken at some point(of course the seal is broken if its modded!) then you shouldnt buy it anywho.

Just know that Live=netflix,facebook,twitter,movies,maps,download songs, etc.

Thanks
    nods, i'll keep that in mind. but, the seal doesn't need to be broken, to be modded, correct? i mean, its hacked the same kinda way that the wii is, right? just a soft mod.

as far as the online content. again, other then doing updates to it, i won't be getting online with it period. sure, it'll connect to my network, but only for my shares. if i need to get to facebook, i use my lappy, if i need twitter, phone, maps, songs... movies, all done with its specified device. i want the 360 for the games. *shrug* i haven't gotten anything yet, the wifey still hasn't given me the ok, that.... and i have more then enough "toys" atm... hahaha! thanks for the feedback lefos, i 'preciate it!
    A\V HARDWARE
    WII HARDWARE
    WII HACKS

Thanks
    no problem and NO to be blunt to what you say at first there. To mod an xbox 360 you must open the case and void the warranty. You remove the DVD drive, hook it up to your PC and update the firmware that way. There is no other way to mod a 360 other than opening it.

Thanks
    ah.... ;] as you can see, i've yet to get my hands on a 360. forgive the noobnish. lol.
    A\V HARDWARE
    WII HARDWARE
    WII HACKS