Thread: An issues with limited edition 360s?

Thanks

An issues with limited edition 360s?

I came oceans ><

If I get this for xmas, will there be any big problems? I do not plan to mod my 360 in any way so sending it in, while annoying, wont be an issue, will there be a RROD issue?

Thanks
    Get it, you have a 5% chance to get RROD but you shouldnt worry about it, and even if it does you can send it in within 3 years of purchase(warranty covers it and there is no charge to send it in).
    that xbox has the new "jasper" motherboard
    which is the best

the first 360s had a different motherboard which caused RROD 54% of the time

Be quick, those are flying of the shelves really quick for the hollidays so I would grab it ASAP

Good Luck
    Currently 4.1u(from 3.3u using waninkoko's updater) LU61 wii with D3-2 drive >_< 80GB WD Passport HDD
    Neogamma R8 B7 for testing , dont use it much
    USB loader GX r838
    BootMii as IOS (backup of NAND on PC)
    Preloader 0.29 system menu v449
    System IOS v60 cIOS 38 Rev 14

Thanks
    They aint flying to hard, because every walmart in my area has atleast 5. I wont get it till a week or 2 after xmas though. Money situations and such.

Thanks
    Well here in Puerto Rico there are a few left but it takes at least 3 stores to find one.

but yeah the whole point is that its a great buy and everything it comes with is worth the extra $100(Mw2,2controllers,250gbHDD)

Buena Suerte
    Currently 4.1u(from 3.3u using waninkoko's updater) LU61 wii with D3-2 drive >_< 80GB WD Passport HDD
    Neogamma R8 B7 for testing , dont use it much
    USB loader GX r838
    BootMii as IOS (backup of NAND on PC)
    Preloader 0.29 system menu v449
    System IOS v60 cIOS 38 Rev 14

Thanks
    Thanked 2,296 Times in 1,217 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HEROXOOT View Post
    will there be a RROD issue?
    360's tend to run a little on the hot side, but the newer models have a lower percentage of RROD than the originals. If you think yours is a little warmer than you'd like, there are fan accessories which attach to the back that keep the unit cool. The only downside is that it can run pretty loud from all the fans spinning.
    "I think that the Wii is a beautiful piece of hardware, and a broken Wii is a tragedy. It doesn’t matter why or how." -- Bushing

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HEROXOOT View Post
    I came oceans ><

If I get this for xmas, will there be any big problems? I do not plan to mod my 360 in any way so sending it in, while annoying, wont be an issue, will there be a RROD issue?

very low, if you are getting a 360 for x-mas then it's gonna be the jasper one and not the falcon one, if you do get the falcon one there is a 5% you gonna get RROD and if you get the jasper one then its 2% give or take that you gonna get RROD so your chance are very low... I had a bud that has the jasper and he plays his 360 almost 8 hrs a day and he had his 360 for 8 months now so if he doesn't have it by now then you don't have anything to worry about...

Thanks
    These days, xbox's are more reliable. I've actually never had an xbox fail on me and I've had 6 over the last few years (I upgrade every time a new motherboard comes out, and when they added the HDMI).

My buddy on the other hand had several fail on him. It depends how you use it, and where it's stored, Don't put these in cabinets. That's just asking for trouble with low airflow.

Just grab the new consoles. Anything built post 2008 is gonna be A-OK