Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Performs Mass Xbox Console Banning

Thanks
    your harddrive doesn't cause you to be banned, unless they detect a malformed save game or other "bannable" offences. Simply using your old harddrive from a banned console doesn't ban the new one as well.

The stealth on those games is incorrect unless you use splitvid, but not only that, the firmware itself had stealth checks enabled which caused the banwave as the checks were detectable

Thanks
    If the agreement to xbox live says you can't use backups, then you can't no matter what the law is in your country. Now, did this ever happen to the first xbox? Or is this entirely new? I thought the first xbox was modded just as much, but probably not as many online subscribers.

Thanks

Us

Just to get everything clear, coming from the xbox scene:

Your console has a console ID, and a key vault database. The console uses the ID and keyvault to create signed keys on all of your gamesaves/download content/gamertag, etc.

If your console is banned, All updated consoles are told to reject your unique keyvault/console ID, as well as microsoft servers will reject you.

What this means in lamence terms: anything you do on a banned console, can only be done on that console(ex. if you have a gamertag on your hard drive, then you go to an unbanned console, you will have to recover it again), once you recover the gamertag on a live console, you can go online as you could before, however any games you saved when on the banned console, will now be corrupt.

The keys needed to sign everything(dlc, etc.) are also required to sign games installed to the hard drive, so that is now also disabled since your xbox no longer can trust it's own keys.

so no more dlc, and no more going online with anything that touches your box.

This ban does not ban your hard drive(who the hell came up with this one?) as all it is, is a memory unit, no one bans those, they either will ban your console for modding(firmwares are detectable) OR you get your gamertag banned for cheating in online gameplay.

Thanks
    I am still confused on this being banned thing. What if you have a modded xbox but the game your playing you have the disc to? Will you still get banned? I thought as long as you weren't playing the game before it came out you were fine. Thats why all those people got banned because they were playing CODMW2 online before the game came out. Clarification would be much obliged.
    We're all thieves because sooner or later we steal somones heart- ME

Thanks

Us

Quote Originally Posted by sloshedmr_bones View Post
    I am still confused on this being banned thing. What if you have a modded xbox but the game your playing you have the disc to? Will you still get banned? I thought as long as you weren't playing the game before it came out you were fine. Thats why all those people got banned because they were playing CODMW2 online before the game came out. Clarification would be much obliged.
    Microsoft bans you for modifying the DVD firmware or dashboard. Plain and simple. It has little/alot to do with what games you play. However you can get banned from just playing real store bought games, on a modified console, even if a single backup never hits the tray. Microsoft can detect custom firmwares, especially if you burn "non-stealthed" games. Games like this flag your box instantly. Microsoft usually only commits the bans once a year. MW2 had little to do with it. I bet only 1/4 of the banned consoles back in november were caught because of mw2, playing early..

Thanks
    Haven't found this answered in any thread yet. I have a unmodded 360 I was going to mod till i read this. What I want to know is if I use LIVE for the DLC and netflix etc.. but don't play any games at all online will it get banned. I don't care to play online but i do use my xbox for the netflix instant play and also download movies and tv series. I want to play the games off line only but still use the live acct for the other things. Is it still possible without getting banned.

Thanks
    My last post clearly answers this
    Microsoft bans you for modifying the DVD firmware or dashboard. Plain and simple. It has little/alot to do with what games you play. However you can get banned from just playing real store bought games, on a modified console, even if a single backup never hits the tray.
    Microsoft detects the modified firmware on your drive. Modded Console = Banned Console, unless you NEVER go online

Best bet, get another xbox, cheap money at like a gamestop, used, and mod that. Switch between the two, otherwise you will be banned.

8. 1 User Says Thank You lefos For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Next week, i was planning to modd my xbox 360... Microsoft

Thanks
    i bet the wii is the last console able to be modded and still play online. I bet the next generation of consoles have many many measures to prevent "backups"

Thanks
    im still using my modded box on xbl, i even had to spoof a benq to think it was/is the original hitachi... no probs YET

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast