Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Performs Mass Xbox Console Banning

Thanks
    I just read this in the paper today over 1million xbox live consoles have been banned...

Thanks
    for the guy 'bout damaged disc, backup isn't a solution. Take care of your disc and nothing will happen. I still have good old vinyl disc scratchless and none of my compact disk are damaged.

How about those good old tape? Playing them too much worned and damaged them and nobody complained.

For game, it's the same thing. You damaged the disc (let's say broke in half), get a new/used copie. Normally by the time you want need it, price will have gone down (which doesn't happen fast on movie and music). If it's only scratched, get to your local gamestore/video store and ask for a buffing. Here it cost 'bout 5$ and the disc get brand new.

Also, I know some cie in the past used to replace the disc if you send yours. A friend of mine broke some, call the tech support and replaced the damaged disc for a fee. All he had to do is send the disc with the money and some week after, he got a new disc.

Like someone else said, you don't go saying you "own" your car or your t-shirt once you broke it and ask for a free replacement, why would you do the same for broken disc? They even last longer then any of those thing. A disc can virtually last forever if you take care of it.

Thanks
    I think Microsoft just has more experience at dealing with finding ilegit copys of their software. They have been doing it since windows 95. Probably earlier I just dont remember if windows 3.11 had any kind of online updates. So you know that have some tricks

Thanks

hehe

i know not really about the xbox deal, but those funny people that think they can copy a cd/dvd legally just cause they bought it from the store. you aren't buying the rights to the media, your buying the rights to use that copy for its intended use, not rights to copy that copy lmfao makes me smile. with logic like that, just cause i have a 20$ in my pocket means i can make another 20$ and another and another as long as i have the original one still w00t!. legal right to copy it technically when your computer makes a temporary copy of the file you are playing on its harddrive is making an illegal copy, but i digress lol, not to thread jack, just couldn't pass that up sorry. and to anyone that m$ caught.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Emhachem,

1. It is possible to Mod PS3, but as it is already region free Sony warned all modders when it was launched, that it would use all it's resources to prosecute to the full extent of the law any offenders.
    2. The cost of blank B/R discs is prohibitive, as you stated.

Since the latest Banning of XBOX Live, the only safe way is as follows:

Run two seperate consoles, One that never gets connected to live to run backups, and Non modded one for XBOX Live.
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

6. 1 User Says Thank You Cressida For This Useful Post

Thanks
    a question i have about the mods are i have just bought the blaster 3CK mod and not set it up fully yet. i dont play games online but have the wireless adaptor to steam AVI's to the box. would i get banned using the blaster if i dont play on live but have it connected to the network?

Thanks
    well i get banned last november... too many flags for my account get banned first with the update of NXE the console that time, now my gamertag

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nicdeloach View Post
    i know not really about the xbox deal, but those funny people that think they can copy a cd/dvd legally just cause they bought it from the store. you aren't buying the rights to the media, your buying the rights to use that copy for its intended use, not rights to copy that copy lmfao makes me smile. with logic like that, just cause i have a 20$ in my pocket means i can make another 20$ and another and another as long as i have the original one still w00t!. legal right to copy it technically when your computer makes a temporary copy of the file you are playing on its harddrive is making an illegal copy, but i digress lol, not to thread jack, just couldn't pass that up sorry. and to anyone that m$ caught.
    have to point this out....when you buymovie, game, music or whatever you are buying the right to copy that for personal use. read the copyright warning at the beginning of any movie. If i am not reselling this or redistributing it....its legal. that being said i am not sure what the legality of giving the material away with no gain....this i would assume is illegal, because i think that constitutes redistribution, even though there is no profit from it. anyway, just thought i would throw it out there....unless of course ur country is diff, but here in the states that is how things go

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by matria View Post
    a question i have about the mods are i have just bought the blaster 3CK mod and not set it up fully yet. i dont play games online but have the wireless adaptor to steam AVI's to the box. would i get banned using the blaster if i dont play on live but have it connected to the network?
    No, if you never connect to live, you will not be banned. To connect to live, you need to create a "live" account. With a simple offline account, your xbox will function as normal

Thanks
    well i had a modded box and had about 35 games and every 1 of them were stealthed and i still got a console ban, went and bought a new box and like a dummy used my same hard drive and got that box ban too >< so i feel like a re re and so ne ways i went out and got another and got a new harddrive and recovered my gamertag and all is well lol

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast