Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Microsoft Performs Mass Xbox Console Banning

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nanaya View Post
    I honestly don't know which is better now. A ps3 cannot pirate games at all, but it has free PSN, but the hecksbawcks 360 can pirate games, but no online play if u choose to pirate...

Why cant u play online ?? I have mine modded for 2 yrs now and i play every night on XBL !!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by nanaya View Post
    I honestly don't know which is better now. A ps3 cannot pirate games at all, but it has free PSN, but the hecksbawcks 360 can pirate games, but no online play if u choose to pirate...

You can mod a PS3 to play pirated games, but who would want to shell out the money for blank blue rays?
    Last edited by emhachem; 11-03-2009 at 04:37 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by emhachem View Post
    You can mod a PS3 to play pirated games, but who would want to shell out the money for blank blue rays?

I would love you to show me a MODDED PS3 !! They are fake there hasnt been a known hack for a PS3.
    1.Price of Media
    2.Size of games. 25gig+
    3. PS3 sucks !!

Thanks
    The guy who modded my Wii and my husbands 360 works for the DOD he said he can mod my husbands PS3 easily but the games are still expensive to get the blue rays. This guy had like 20 desktops and laptops on running things from all over the world.

Thanks
    As a tester for MS part-time, I know they take this crap seriously. Free60 project was crushed in a week... So we all know MS is paying alot more attention than any other company about this. Now the modders get booted, one by one, no matter how minor the offence. This is why I have a PS3.

And BTW, a modded PS3 is redundant. It's already region-free, and Blank Blu-Rays are about the price of a used/value PS3 game. And knowing Sony, they won't be lazy like Nintendo, they'll take the Microsoft route... Say goodbye to your PSN access.
    Last edited by Chatham; 11-03-2009 at 10:12 PM.

Thanks
    Ah yes, I am one of the unlucky ones this time around. I've been dodging the bullet for years playing burned games on XBL, and my console was finally banned this past week. Don't know what caused it, because I've always had the latest iXtreme firmware on my drive, and I've only ever played fully stealthed backups, and never played games early, so apparently nobody is safe. If you play burned games online, no matter how safe you think you are, it's a game of Russian roulette. You may or may not get caught. Oh well, I've been meaning to get an HDMI capable 360 anyway, and I'll just purchase the games I want to play online, which aren't many.

Here's my complaint with all of this. Say for example you're one of the honest ones, and you do purchase the games you play, and you want to create backups of all of your original games to use in case they get scratched or otherwise damaged, so you don't have to replace the original. Isn't it our right to do that? It is legal to create backup copies of media which you have a license to own (paid for), and you can do whatever the heck you want to your video game systems since you paid for them and they're yours, so IMO, if they punish people for exercising their right to protect their investment, that's an act of piracy on Microsoft's part. Why don't they institute a program of trading a damaged retail disc for a new copy via mail or something like that? That's always been my thought. But no, they won't do that, expecting you to go buy another copy of a game you've already paid for. So they are ripping the consumers off.

I know why 99% of people mod their 360s, but I'm just saying, for the honest people out there, you have to look at all possibilities.
    Last edited by Good_Ash; 11-04-2009 at 11:13 AM.
    Hail to the king, baby!

D2C2-equipped Wii + Wasabi V3 = I love Nintendo! (and big boobs)

Thanks
    Although I do understand that replacement view, it's a load of bull really, that is like saying to Chevy 'oh I bought a new car last week but I didn't take care of it and now it is all scratched and wrapped around a tree, please deliver the new one to.......'

You are right that you can do whatever you want to the console though, there should be a registration when you buy a new game to tie it to that console like you would Norton or some other program....then a copy of YOUR original would carry the same fingerprint and be playable.

Thanks
    I agree with Good Ash. I've got TONS of music CD's that are forever gone :RIP: and some of my imports are EXPENSIVE. But they are 15+ years old. Time, and moving, and life can just get in the way, and damage these disks (granted, when I bought them, I was VERY young, and didn't know how to take care of a disk, nor back it up properly). Eitherway, I thought when you purchased media, be it music, movie, or a game... Your purchasing the rights to the software to it, not just the hardware. So, legally, I should be able to back it up. Granted the music industry has evolved quite a bit, and so has movies/tv as well, and now you can really just purchase the software part, and enjoy everything at your ability (<3 internet!!) so... Why can't games evolve to that as well? They really should throw in some mamagamma hard drives, and let you purchase your game, have it download to your console, and boom.... Or, let me copy MY game, and play my COPIED game, as I see fit. We don't live in a perfect world, never will (TX anyone?? =**[ ) but, I dunno. Starting to ramble now I guess. Long story short, copying your own media and using it should always be allowed, end-of-line...

Thanks
    What message do you get from WFC when you are banned? I have never seen a Wii console banned from playing online. How would they know if the game disc is a backup or not... bare in mind that you can also rent games, 1 disc's hash sig would be on multiple consoles from being rented repeatedly.

As far as Hexboks is concerned my best solution for that is owning 2 consoles, one that is modded for all the recent titles and the other for online gameplay (no mods). You can find a used console for as little as $100 online. Why risk getting banned and ruining the experience and the membership. BTW.. paying for online gameplay suck ::coughMICROSOFTcough::

2 more days until the release of MW Reflex NTSC-USA. I know its out on PAL but i think im going to have to tie my balls in a sling and wait.. or maybe not.

CoD4 Reflex: 4930 1783 4128
    CoD5 WAW: 4211 2870 2849
    Xbox gtag: ju66er

Thanks
    The error code you get when banned from the Nintendo WFC is Error 20102. But this usually only happens if you are flagged for cheating with Ocarina in games like Mario Kart and The Conduit, and even then excessively. I've been playing COD4:MWR online on my Wii (which isn't out yet), and i still haven't been banned. Nintendo's lack of a central OS and decent title verification for online play prevent them from really taking any action against people who play ripped tites from DVD backups or USB, even online!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast