Thread: Replace a BenQ with a LiteON Drive

Thanks

Talking Replace a BenQ with a LiteON Drive

Hi Community i just registered and hope i can find some help... well here it goes

I have a BenQ Drive that is having a hard time reading disks. and a LiteOn drive that i think is perfect but... the xbox is fried up, is there any way i can get in the LiteOn the key of the BenQ and replace it?

Thanks
    Yes, you can. But first, did you try tweaking the laser on the Ben Q? It's not advisable to do this without a Multimeter, but if you're going to replace it anyways I'm sure it doesn't matter, anyways, to do this, open up your Ben Q dvd drive, and you'll see on the laser 2 potentiometers (they look like little screws) you want to turn the one on the left just a fraction of a turn to the left, test it until it reads a disc. I've managed to fix a few Ben Q drives via this method. If you can find a multimeter, or an ohmmeter, you want it to read between 3 to 3.6 ohms, and no less than 2.6 ohms.

If this doesn't work, lite-on parts are interchangeable with Ben-Q, for the most part. Otherwise, what you'll need to do is spoof your lite-on with the benq console key using IX 1.6, just remember there's no going back with Lite-on drives, so if you dont get the key off that drive, that console will end up remaining driveless.

If using Jungle Flasher, Load Lite-On IX 1.6> go to manual spoofing> Load your Ben-Q Key.bin> Make sure drive key matches what you dumped> Make sure Lite-On Barcode matches what was dumped> Click Spoof as Ben-Q VAD6038 (63430 or 64930, dependent on drive)> Save CFW> Write and outro. I've never gone from a different drive to a lite-on so good luck to you, your best bet would be just to get another Ben-Q, you wont have to flash it with IX if don't want to.