Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Xbox live question

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Xbox live question

    Hey all

    I am thinking of buying an Xbox 360 console as many of my friends play COD 4 on xbox live and i love the way it works out and with the headset and mic it looks great.

    So anyways I was wondering, does all the Xbox consoles have WiFi with it as that is the only way I can connect to internet as my router is in another room.

    Also What is the best one t get as I would like to download many games not intrested in the music side of it.

    Many Thanks

    Garry17

  2. #2
    Member dr34m3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 201 Times in 180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry17 View Post
    Hey all

    I am thinking of buying an Xbox 360 console as many of my friends play COD 4 on xbox live and i love the way it works out and with the headset and mic it looks great.

    So anyways I was wondering, does all the Xbox consoles have WiFi with it as that is the only way I can connect to internet as my router is in another room.

    Also What is the best one t get as I would like to download many games not interested in the music side of it.

    Many Thanks

    Garry17
    As far I know none of the Xbox 360s have wifi on them. You have to buy a separate USB adapter.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You dr34m3r For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dr34m3r View Post
    As far I know none of the Xbox 360s have wifi on them. You have to buy a separate USB adapter.
    Really wow did not know that cheers, How much are they please

  5. #4
    Member dr34m3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    657
    Thanks
    91
    Thanked 201 Times in 180 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry17 View Post
    Really wow did not know that cheers, How much are they please
    About 80 dollars or so

    Check this guide out.

    How To: Add Wi-Fi To Your Xbox 360 Smartly and Cheaply | Gizmodo Australia

    Unless you have an XBOX1 adapter you can use that also.
    Last edited by dr34m3r; 10-02-2009 at 02:33 PM. Reason: adding info

  6. #5
    Junior Member JR007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    As stated, no Xbox360s have WiFi built-in. Either buy the wireless adapter or use a wireless router and bridge it. Google it.

    Btw, if you wanna wireless 360 adapter, don't buy it yet, b/c Microsoft is releasing a wireless-N adapter very soon. Google it.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dr34m3r View Post
    About 80 dollars or so

    Check this guide out.

    How To: Add Wi-Fi To Your Xbox 360 Smartly and Cheaply | Gizmodo Australia

    Unless you have an XBOX1 adapter you can use that also.
    $80 I live in the UK maybe UK consoles have the wifi with it lemmie go check lol

  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Birmingham, England, UK
    Posts
    32
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no mate the uk ones dont for definate. u can get the official adapters for anywhere between £40-£60 they work well but are very expencive for what they are

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry17 View Post
    Hey all

    I am thinking of buying an Xbox 360 console as many of my friends play COD 4 on xbox live and i love the way it works out and with the headset and mic it looks great.

    So anyways I was wondering, does all the Xbox consoles have WiFi with it as that is the only way I can connect to internet as my router is in another room.

    Also What is the best one t get as I would like to download many games not intrested in the music side of it.

    Many Thanks

    Garry17
    If you plan on downloading alot of stuff, your probably going to want the "Elite" which comes with a 120GB HDD. The "Arcade" is cheaper but doesnt come with a HDD, only a memory card. You might also consider a "Pro" with a smaller HDD but you may have a problem finding it since its been discontinued.

  10. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I am getting the elite as in the UK they have got a price drop now which is under 200 pounds lol and I am going to bridge it.

    Thanks everyone

    Garry17

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •