Thread: samsung flashing

Thanks

samsung flashing

hi there. im a complete noob to all this flashing and i wanna know the best way for me to go. my xbox has previously been flashed but im not sure which firmware it is(dont think its iextreme) it was done roughly 2 years ago. ive checked which drive by opening dvd tray and its a samsung drive. ive tried using xtreme boot maker but every time i open firmware file (iextreme 1.6) it keeps saying its an unknown file. now which is easier jungle flasher, iprep, dos flash 32 or xtreme boot maker. the other question is will i need the via sata card as im not sure whether my mobo is compatible?. the mobo i have is the asus p5k prem and i think it says its a jmicron. sorry for all the questions but im hoping to save some money by having a crack at it myself.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by talbotpjt View Post
    hi there. im a complete noob to all this flashing and i wanna know the best way for me to go. my xbox has previously been flashed but im not sure which firmware it is(dont think its iextreme) it was done roughly 2 years ago. ive checked which drive by opening dvd tray and its a samsung drive. ive tried using xtreme boot maker but every time i open firmware file (iextreme 1.6) it keeps saying its an unknown file. now which is easier jungle flasher, iprep, dos flash 32 or xtreme boot maker. the other question is will i need the via sata card as im not sure whether my mobo is compatible?. the mobo i have is the asus p5k prem and i think it says its a jmicron. sorry for all the questions but im hoping to save some money by having a crack at it myself.
    http://www.wiihacks.com/xbox-360/189...0-dummies.html
    GOOD MEN SLEEP SOUNDLY
    AT NIGHT,
    KNOWING THAT ROUGH MEN
    STAND READY TO DO VIOLENCE ON THEIR BEHALF IF THEY DON'T INSTALL IOS 38, 53, 55.

Press at the bottom right of the post if this response was of any assistance.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by talbotpjt View Post
    Personally i think jungle is the best way to flash mate.

Thanks
    i still use mtkflash for all my samsung drives you have to find out your sata chipset and dit mtkflash for the one you have there is a program that will edit it for you i forget what it is but ou can google for it im thinking it is xtreme boot maker but not shure mtkflash will read and write your firmware then you an get the key put it in the firmware you want and flash it it might be the old school way but i had great luck with it and it is easy to use