Thread: exbawks?

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,872 Times in 865 Posts

exbawks?

just got an elite stupidly cheap i don't know squat about exbawks except that you can flash the drive via a sata cable or something? can anyone give me any advice/links/come to my house and do it for me for free? cheers...

Retired Site Artist
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogeggs View Post
    just got an elite stupidly cheap i don't know squat about exbawks except that you can flash the drive via a sata cable or something? can anyone give me any advice/links/come to my house and do it for me for free? cheers...
    I'm in the same boat, sans the fact that I paid for my Pro.

Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 9,872 Times in 865 Posts
    i did pay for it - just so little that i don't mind openin her up and risking a brick

Thanks
    Download jungle flasher and the newest ixtreme 1.6 firmware. make sure you get the repack.

Jungle flasher also has a tutorial available on their website.

You need to determine what drive you have, you might need to buy/build a probe if you have a liteon drive. If you have a samsung you will probably need a via chipset or a via 6421 card.

Feel free to pm/msn me if you need any advice or help but jungle flasher and their tutorial are pretty straight forward. Textbooks guide has alot to it that i found to be for the more advanced users and confuses alot of people.

Thanks
    is it possible to flash with a laptop??

Thanks
    i may know nothing about wii softmods, but xbox is were i shine. you have to options, softmod (disk drive) or hardmod (chip) softmod is technically free, but you have to open your computer (might work on laptops idk). What your basically doing is making your PC think that the xbox disk drive is a normal disk drive, then you can softmod the diskdrive to accept backups. It only accepts Dual Layer DVDs.

Thanks
    Your basic understanding is correct about the xbox.

There was a new firmware released within the last 24 hours. If you expect to play on xbox live, this won't work for you. Well it will, but you will be banned which has implications other than simply not being able to go online.

If you're all for offline play, then grab the new version of jungleflasher. It's able to flash directly from windows. Before you start, you will need to know which drive you have. That is easiest done after opening the xbox, but there are ways of at least detecting the drive type using the tray. as such:

http://www.freewebs.com/madhacks/Xbo...%20revised.jpg

8. 1 User Says Thank You IPhoenix For This Useful Post