Thread: XBOX 360 softmod?

Thanks

XBOX 360 softmod?

I am getting my son a used XBOX360. I did a soft mod on my wii so I can back up games to a hard drive. Is there anything like that with XBOX so I can store the games on the HDD instead of putting the game in each time. Sorry if this is covered I could not find the answer and new to XBOX world
    THanks

WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,390 Times in 3,684 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Even with custom firmware, normally (key word normally) you'd be required to physically have the disc present. There's hardware hacks out there that would do what you're asking, but they are not for the faint of heart.

A timing attack accomplished via hardware (soldering multiple wires and a small PCB) can cause the XBox to do it (JTAG type bottom line) but you'd not be able to go online in that mode. This method is often referred to as "reset glitch hack".

Currently, wiihacks has no guide on this procedure. If you google "reset glitch hack guide" you should get a good idea.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye bob View Post
    I am getting my son a used XBOX360. I did a soft mod on my wii so I can back up games to a hard drive. Is there anything like that with XBOX so I can store the games on the HDD instead of putting the game in each time. Sorry if this is covered I could not find the answer and new to XBOX world
    THanks
    Look up Team Xecuter for more information.