Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X360key usb loader, tools required, seeking advice.

Thanks

X360key usb loader, tools required, seeking advice.

Ok I know there are more than a few threads here asking if the 360 can be modded to play games through usb loading just like the Wii, but please bare with me as I know its not that simple and I have been researching this myself but I am just unclear on a few things.

I know I need a X360key (which in the UK is £78), but as it does not currently extract the dvd drive key or rip game discs to hdd, these tools are needed.
    The X360usb pro (£36) to connect sata cable to pc and a ck3 lite (£15) to power the drive, software such as jungle flasher to extract the key and then flash the drive to v800 v3 enabling drive to rip game discs to hdd through the pc.
    I have also thought of sending the drive to be flashed ( LT+ v3.0 ) and asking if they could also put the drive key on my sd card as well, no problem they said £40, so then I asked if once the drive is flashed can it be connected to a pc and used for ripping, they said no but they sell a drive with v800 v3 £35 which would then need a ck3i £25 to work with the pc.

I would like to know if all that sounds right and which option I should go for? Is flashing a Liteon DG-16D4s 0225 to v800 v3 possible with just X360usb pro and a ck3 lite? Or am I better off letting someone do it for me.
    Its not really about cost or what would be simpler, although I don’t want to feel ripped off and I would also like to have the flashing tools should I need them in the future.

Thank you for reading.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by si-fi View Post
    Ok I know there are more than a few threads here asking if the 360 can be modded to play games through usb loading just like the Wii, but please bare with me as I know its not that simple and I have been researching this myself but I am just unclear on a few things.

I know I need a X360key (which in the UK is £78), but as it does not currently extract the dvd drive key or rip game discs to hdd, these tools are needed.
    The X360usb pro (£36) to connect sata cable to pc and a ck3 lite (£15) to power the drive, software such as jungle flasher to extract the key and then flash the drive to v800 v3 enabling drive to rip game discs to hdd through the pc.
    I have also thought of sending the drive to be flashed ( LT+ v3.0 ) and asking if they could also put the drive key on my sd card as well, no problem they said £40, so then I asked if once the drive is flashed can it be connected to a pc and used for ripping, they said no but they sell a drive with v800 v3 £35 which would then need a ck3i £25 to work with the pc.

I would like to know if all that sounds right and which option I should go for? Is flashing a Liteon DG-16D4s 0225 to v800 v3 possible with just X360usb pro and a ck3 lite? Or am I better off letting someone do it for me.
    Its not really about cost or what would be simpler, although I don’t want to feel ripped off and I would also like to have the flashing tools should I need them in the future.

Thank you for reading.
    you can either flash the drive with lt3.0 for playing backups or flash with 0800 v3 for ripping games ,they are two different fw you dont need key for 0800 as you dont need it in console, best just get spare dvd drive for it.also why pay someone to flash your drive when you will have all the tools you need to do it yourself jungle flasher is so simple to use it practicly does it for you.the hardest ones to flash are the liteon 7 8 9 series but it sounds like you have a slim 0225 drive they are so simple as long as you have a unlocked pcb for it.
    Last edited by exupboy; 03-16-2012 at 01:08 PM.

3. 1 User Says Thank You exupboy For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Thanks for replying

I only want to flash to 0800 v3 to rip my games to hdd then flash it back to stock and put it back in the 360 after.

Are you saying I have to buy an unlocked pcb in order to flash the 0225 to do this?
    Last edited by si-fi; 03-16-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Thanks
    hi if you are going to flash the drive with lt3.0 then you will need to be on latest dash ,now the dash update 20.12..... something, locked slim dvd drives so if you are on a dash higher than that then you have a locked drive ,and are unable to flash a fw to it ,but you can still extract your key .you will need a unlocked pcb (around£ 50.00) or you can atempt a suicide hack (not recomended unless you are a pro installer)or http://www.modsupplier.com/catalog/x...k-p-980.htmlif your ic chip on your dvd drives pcb is a 03 you can use a sputnic devise (about £5.00) but you will need to have good soldering skills. look here
    Last edited by exupboy; 03-16-2012 at 02:41 PM.

6. 1 User Says Thank You exupboy For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Wow you really know your stuff, yes I think its the latest dash as I only updated a couple of months ago, don't know why I did that as I haven't been on live since last year.
    Anyways I think I will just buy the tools and extract the key and buy another drive to flash as a dedicated ripper. I don't plan on using disc backups anyway just the X360key with a hdd.

Is there anything else I need to know? and thankyou for all your help.

Thanks
    sounds good.i am waiting to get x360key myself sounds like a nice bit of kit .you may need a program called xbox backup creator to rip your games with jf.good luck hope everything turns out well for you ,happy gaming.
    regards exupboy.

9. 1 User Says Thank You exupboy For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by si-fi View Post
    Wow you really know your stuff, yes I think its the latest dash as I only updated a couple of months ago, don't know why I did that as I haven't been on live since last year.
    Anyways I think I will just buy the tools and extract the key and buy another drive to flash as a dedicated ripper. I don't plan on using disc backups anyway just the X360key with a hdd.

Is there anything else I need to know? and thankyou for all your help.
    you might want to buy a benq drive as they are the easiest to put in vendor mode and flash

11. 1 User Says Thank You exupboy For This Useful Post

Thanks
    Ok thats great exupboy, I was planning to follow this guide for Xbox backup creator.
    but if you say the benq would be better I will go for that.

What do you think on this one?
    Last edited by si-fi; 03-17-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Thanks
    i have a benq flashed with 0800 fw works great, they are cheap to buy and if you get a second hand one of fleebay and the laser is weak you can replace the laser easy (cost £4.00) and you have a new drive.what ever drive you get make sure you flash with the corresponding fw ie benq0800 liteon 0800 hitachi 0800 etc.and if you replace the laser dont forget to desolder the anti static blob ,(common mistake).

14. 1 User Says Thank You exupboy For This Useful Post

Thanks
    When you said you're waiting to get an x360key youself, Did you mean to be delivered or are you saving for it?

If only it had the key extraction and ripping features already, but secretly they are waiting for me to buy all this extra kit and then they will release a new firmware mere days later.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast