WODE Flow ver 0.1 (wad/channel) Now Availible for download.
I have been into Wii modding ever since my friend introduced me to a cool new thing he'd found for the Wii, known as 'homebrew'. Since then my love for hard/soft modding has greatly increased and has become more varied.
About seven months ago, I pre-ordered a new "Awesome looking" Wii Hard-mod, known as 'WODE' standing for: 'Wii Optical Disk Emulator'. Much has happened since then, and in the mean time many of the people who brought WODEs were waiting in anticipation for the upcoming 'WODE CHANNEL'. Many of us waited for a long time, and soon the first WODE game booting HBC app was released, later on the WODE Flow HBC app was released. Some of us were still hoping for and expecting an actual Wii menu channel, but it was noted by 'WODE' moderators, that general Homebrew info and tutorials was beyond the site and said would have to be posted on another site (such as this one).
About a week ago after enquirers for it on the WODE forums and my own want, I decided to create a custom ver 0.1 WODE Flow forwader channel, for other people to download (and change if they wanted). Along with the download I included a full tutorial on how to safely install this .wad onto their Wii, and provided help to anyone if they had a problem. Only one guy was able to download the file before I was told that the thread had to be deleted, the reason being: The people at 'WODE' did not want some 'not so talented technical people to try and install this and then balme the WODE forums for any problems'.
Well anyway... Now I am posting the download link and full tutorial on how to install here on this site.
Here is the download link for the ver 0.1 'WODE Flow' (wad/channel) Here: WODE Flow - WIIF.zip
NOTE: This tutorial for installation is broken up into individual stages, so the user can clearly comprehend what needs to be done.
ALSO NOTE: I will accept NO responsibility for any potential damage done to your Wii console.
1. I'm asuming you have allready installed the HBC, if not, look up 'HomeBrew Channel' and you should find some simple tutorials.
2. You are going to need a USB device or SD card.
3. You are going to need a Wii console (If not, I recommend not going any further in this tutorial)
Actuall Beginning of Tutorial
1. After downloading the file from download link above, Create a folder on the root of your USB device/SD card, named 'apps'.
2. Download the HBC app called 'wad manager' from here: WAD Manager 1 5 - Download from mediafire.com - Filestube.com
3. Once you have downloaded 'wad mannager' open the file with 'Winrar', if you do not have this program you can download it here: WinRAR archiver, a powerful tool to process RAR and ZIP files
4. Once you have opened the .rar file, extract the folder inside and place it in the 'apps' folder you created on your USB device/SD card earlier.
5. Now on the root of your USB device/SD card create a new folder and name it 'wad'.
6. Put the .wad file you downloaded earlyer in the 'wad' folder you just created on your USB device/SD card.
7. Insert your USB device/SD card into your Wii and start up your Wii.
8. Find your way into the HBC and then your will find an app called 'wad manager 1.5', load that app.
9. Once you have loaded 'wad manager', press A to continue to the next screen.
10. Select the IOS version you want to use (If you are stuck or are confused here, just stick to the default offered, IOS36) and then press A to continue to the next screen.
11. Select the storage device you are using and then press A to continue to the next screen.
12. Now you will select the .wad you want to use, you will be selecting 'WODE Flow - WIIF.wad' press A to continue to the next screen.
13. You are going to want to select '< Install WAD >' then press A to continue.
14. Wait for the .wad to be installed and then find your way back to the Wii menu.
15. Congratulations, your WODE Flow ver 0.1 channel is installed!
16. IMPORTANT!, I am expecting half of you guys who tryed to install this, ran into an error at stage '13', this is because you have not yet installed the 'Truncher bug' or 'fakesigner bug'.
NOTE: I will cover a full tutorial on how to apply the 'Truncher bug'/'fakesigner bug' in my next post...
Feel free once you have installed this channel to comment on what you like, don't like and what you maybe like in the future!
Wait! Don't forget to thank me!
Not all of you have been thanking me!