Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Wii key help

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wii key help

    Hi i recently had the wii key installed and was burning and playing discs fine until today,for some reason now all my games are not recognised in my wii at all (says disc not recognised please refer to wii manual)
    I have been using many different dvd's for burning and as i said they have all been working great until today buring with top quality tdk dvd-r discs and burning at x2.
    Not sure what to do as i now have a bunch of games that my wii will not let me play...grrr
    Only had wii key installed like a few weeks ago .......help!!!!

    thanks wyal5 wyal5

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Do non-copied games still work? may want to open it up and look at the install. make sure that none of the wires came loose. if its a cold solder joint then the wire might of broke off or if they installed it with a clip then it probably fell off.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wernbfe View Post
    Do non-copied games still work? may want to open it up and look at the install. make sure that none of the wires came loose. if its a cold solder joint then the wire might of broke off or if they installed it with a clip then it probably fell off.
    Yeah i can still play originals, but dubvious about opening and looking as i paid a company to install product for me ( so inside would be a bit alien to me lol ) Do i need a special tool to open up?

  4. #4
    Senior Member admiral victorinox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    michigan
    Posts
    4,940
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 2,603 Times in 873 Posts
    just a twiwing screw driver, and a philips

  5. 1 User Says Thank You admiral victorinox For This Useful Post


  6. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Ljubljana
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyal5 View Post
    Yeah i can still play originals, but dubvious about opening and looking as i paid a company to install product for me ( so inside would be a bit alien to me lol ) Do i need a special tool to open up?
    You paid for installation, so i think they should take a look for you. IMHO.

  7. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierr View Post
    You paid for installation, so i think they should take a look for you. IMHO.
    yeah looks like im gonna have to send it back
    Dont want to open it up and start looking at a bunch of stuff that means nothing to me lol
    Tried updating with no joy but it still plays originals fine.

    omg another week without my wii

    thanks everyone for your help and will post here when and if it gets fixed...gulp!

    Happy gaming

    wyal5

  8. #7
    New Member §piktsµ's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Orlando, FL - USA
    Posts
    548
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 24 Times in 22 Posts
    They probably used a WiiClip and now it came off place...
    That's sucks..

  9. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    22
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Well all you need is a triwing screwdriver. hell I have a bunch of them now. send me you address i can throw one in the mail I have been thinking tossing them anyways.

    Does hurt to look. like marriage

  10. 1 User Says Thank You wernbfe For This Useful Post


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •