Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: WiiKey 1 up and running with 1.99 and 4.2U

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    47
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    WiiKey 1 up and running with 1.99 and 4.2U

    Just wanted everyone to know I finally got around to updating my WiiKey 1 with the latest firmware and it is working fine with 4.2. I just put in NSMB and everything is cool. Had a little trouble getting my console to recognize the disk. I first burned the iso to a dvd+r and it wouldn't recognize it, so I then burned it to a dvd+rw. Still didn't recognize it. I then downloaded another copy of the iso thinking it might have a bad crc, and burned that to a dvd-r. This time it recognized it as a gamecube and the update then went smoothly. I just wanted to share my findings with the forum. Thank you all for your help. Marty

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    nevermind, the wiikey 1.99 Beta firmware fixes the NSMB problems..
    Last edited by ekwathne; 06-28-2010 at 02:30 AM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by ekwathne View Post
    Which release of the NSMB are have using? Can you name the torrentname?
    that wouldnt be agreat idea tbh. piracy is bad, mkay?

    any unpatched version of the game will work fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by madmarty View Post
    Just wanted everyone to know I finally got around to updating my WiiKey 1 with the latest firmware and it is working fine with 4.2. I just put in NSMB and everything is cool. Had a little trouble getting my console to recognize the disk. I first burned the iso to a dvd+r and it wouldn't recognize it, so I then burned it to a dvd+rw. Still didn't recognize it. I then downloaded another copy of the iso thinking it might have a bad crc, and burned that to a dvd-r. This time it recognized it as a gamecube and the update then went smoothly. I just wanted to share my findings with the forum. Thank you all for your help. Marty
    the reason it didnt work wasnt due to the iso, it was because you used +r and +rw, you need to use -R for the wii, especially good quality media, verbatim is the best.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •