Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: POLL: Anyone disappointed in Wiikey?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Exclamation POLL: Anyone disappointed in Wiikey?

    This is a poll of current Wiikey owners who are disappointed in the way the company discontinues support and constantly misses release dates.

    Sorry can't post poll due to site using chartbeat for realtime statistics (why????) this interferes when chartbeat steps in front of your vbulletin script.
    http://chartbeat.com/


    Really..realtime statistics? really? Is it really necessary that you have realtime stats? VBulletin php script can do this for you and not hang your scripting up.... or just use webilizer.....It's hanging your site up!
    Last edited by flexserve; 01-11-2010 at 03:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Us I'll post even if your Poll isn't working here....

    No...I've been completely pleased with WiiKey....

    I understand that my WiiKey2 will one day become unsupported...but so does everything electronic!

    The price is very fair..and If I have to pay again to get the latest and greatest...well that is the nature of things.....

    Updates seem to come out slowly...but then again this whole thing is a Predator / Prey situation.....

    I would rather they only release updates when NEEDED rather than a new version every week, and NEVER find myself with a bad flash!!

    My 2 cents....FWIW.

    Larry

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by LarryQ View Post
    No...I've been completely pleased with WiiKey....

    I understand that my WiiKey2 will one day become unsupported...but so does everything electronic!

    The price is very fair..and If I have to pay again to get the latest and greatest...well that is the nature of things.....

    Updates seem to come out slowly...but then again this whole thing is a Predator / Prey situation.....

    I would rather they only release updates when NEEDED rather than a new version every week, and NEVER find myself with a bad flash!!

    My 2 cents....FWIW.


    Larry
    Do you have to open your other electronics when they are "outdated"?

    The latest is the Nintendo Wii..the games are still produced.... therefore..not outdated.

    I agree on the predator / prey situation.

    Thanks for your opinion..hopefully others will respond.
    Also it is not stated on the official site that the v1 is discontinued..and is still available for purchase...lame...

    The poll was not going to be biased or lop sided..it was going to include good opinions as well as bad.

  4. #4
    Member
    ~Former Wiihacks Staff~
    *~ IRC HOP ~*
    thucncao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,054
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 191 Times in 136 Posts
    Well wiikey have stop distributing the wiikey1. The stores that still sell them is because the still have some left over. The wiikey2 will probably be unsupported in the future as well because of the wiikey fusion coming out. Its almost like any other products. Like computers, manufactors will stop supporting it after an X amount of years. So I believe that it is stupid for people to blame and point fingers at wiikey for not releasing an update for the wiikey1.

    I had a flashcart for the DS which was the R4DS orignal and the manufactors stopped supporting it, so its harder for me to play newer DS games because the lack of firmware updates, but I don't blame them for it. Its just how all business is. Out with the old, in with the new.
    Come to the Irc room to get help or just have fun

    Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thucncao View Post
    Well wiikey have stop distributing the wiikey1. The stores that still sell them is because the still have some left over. The wiikey2 will probably be unsupported in the future as well because of the wiikey fusion coming out. Its almost like any other products. Like computers, manufactors will stop supporting it after an X amount of years. So I believe that it is stupid for people to blame and point fingers at wiikey for not releasing an update for the wiikey1.

    I had a flashcart for the DS which was the R4DS orignal and the manufactors stopped supporting it, so its harder for me to play newer DS games because the lack of firmware updates, but I don't blame them for it. Its just how all business is. Out with the old, in with the new.

    Thanks for your input.
    Do you have to open your other electronics or desolder them when they are "outdated"?

  6. #6
    Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    Senior Member
    Spyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    1,546
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 123 Times in 106 Posts
    yes, psx, ps2, xbox, xbox 360 if you want someone to blame, blame nintendo
    i think we will still see something for wiikey 1 if you're patient enough right now the priority is getting the drivekey programmers finished so the update for it can come out. I mean look at other chips, wiinja, cyclowiz ..they died out at mario kart , at least wiikey works with everything except this one game for now. I hear the original of this game works on wiikey 1
    as for wiikey 2, it got an update right away, other chips in its class from d2sun, wiizard, argon, infectus ...where is there update right ? there is none. D2PRO still has to get its update, and the drivekey update is on its way.

    All Teams have their chips that have updates and dont have updates.
    Ill do this as accurate as I can, some teams are just guesses as they do a good job of making them seem as a new team a lot of the times.

    WiiKey Team
    Chips that are updated or will have confirmed update:
    WiiKey 2, DriveKey
    Chips that may get an update:
    WiiKey, D2PRO9
    Chips that will likely not: D2CKEY, older 15wire D2PRO

    WiinJa Team:
    Chips that are updated or will have confirmed update:
    Flatmod/FlatMii
    Chips that may get an update: none
    Chips that will likely not: Wiinja v1, Winja V2 Deluxe, WiiZard

    Infectus Team:
    The chips that have updates so far:
    Wode, D-Right
    Chips that may get an update: none
    Chips that will likely not: Argon, Argon2, Infectus 1&2

    Wasabi Team
    The chips that have updates so far:
    Wasabi, Wasabi Zero, WasabiDX
    Chips that may get an update: none
    Chips that will likely not: CycloWiz

    D2SUN:
    The chips that have updates so far:
    SunKey Pro, SunDisk, SunDriver
    Chips that may get an update: D2SUN Pro
    Chips that will likely not: D2SUN (all except pro), SunKey Lite

    Not sure whom else I might be missing just typing this up really quickly, may not be completely accurate, but a good enough comparison to get the point.
    Send me a PM if you need any Canadamods.ca support

    $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

    email: sales@canadamods.ca | website: http://www.canadamods.ca | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

    We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here

  7. 1 User Says Thank You Spyman For This Useful Post


  8. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Spyman View Post
    yes, psx, ps2, xbox, xbox 360 if you want someone to blame, blame nintendo
    i think we will still see something for wiikey 1 if you're patient enough right now the priority is getting the drivekey programmers finished so the update for it can come out. I mean look at other chips, wiinja, cyclowiz ..they died out at mario kart , at least wiikey works with everything except this one game for now. I hear the original of this game works on wiikey 1
    as for wiikey 2, it got an update right away, other chips in its class from d2sun, wiizard, argon, infectus ...where is there update right ? there is none. D2PRO still has to get its update, and the drivekey update is on its way.

    All Teams have their chips that have updates and dont have updates.
    Ill do this as accurate as I can, some teams are just guesses as they do a good job of making them seem as a new team a lot of the times.

    WiiKey Team
    Chips that are updated or will have confirmed update:
    WiiKey 2, DriveKey
    Chips that may get an update:
    WiiKey, D2PRO9
    Chips that will likely not: D2CKEY, older 15wire D2PRO

    WiinJa Team:
    Chips that are updated or will have confirmed update:
    Flatmod/FlatMii
    Chips that may get an update: none
    Chips that will likely not: Wiinja v1, Winja V2 Deluxe, WiiZard

    Infectus Team:
    The chips that have updates so far:
    Wode, D-Right
    Chips that may get an update: none
    Chips that will likely not: Argon, Argon2, Infectus 1&2

    Wasabi Team
    The chips that have updates so far:
    Wasabi, Wasabi Zero, WasabiDX
    Chips that may get an update: none
    Chips that will likely not: CycloWiz

    D2SUN:
    The chips that have updates so far:
    SunKey Pro, SunDisk, SunDriver
    Chips that may get an update: D2SUN Pro
    Chips that will likely not: D2SUN (all except pro), SunKey Lite

    Not sure whom else I might be missing just typing this up really quickly, may not be completely accurate, but a good enough comparison to get the point.
    Yes..look at all the information you had to compile to know this I can tell you've been here for awhile..(Posts: 1,453) I however cannot spend as much time figuring out what works with what.... the whole reason I bought a Wiikey to begin with.... they boasted about the upgradable BIOS via DVD and how it will keep the chip current. Their site doesn't even say it's discontinued or "not to be updated" any longer.

    OK I just got e-mail saying you posted..not trying to troll..but cant get this point across enough...

    Thanks for input. Guess we will be tearing into our Wii's (Man that sounds painful!! ) once again.

    BTW ....I blame Terrance and Phillip! and their movie "asses of fire!"

  9. #8
    CTX
    CTX is offline
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thucncao View Post
    Well wiikey have stop distributing the wiikey1. The stores that still sell them is because the still have some left over. The wiikey2 will probably be unsupported in the future as well because of the wiikey fusion coming out. Its almost like any other products. Like computers, manufactors will stop supporting it after an X amount of years. So I believe that it is stupid for people to blame and point fingers at wiikey for not releasing an update for the wiikey1.
    Well said.
    Never Update online
    Updating online will remove all softmods, bootmii included, and could brick your wii.
    Don't do this unless you're instructed to do so by a forum mod.
    I did the above (Silly me)

    http://www.wiihacks.com/wiihacks-new...-can-done.html

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •