Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27

Thread: just got my wii with wiikey 2

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    just got my wii with wiikey 2

    I'll try to be very short in my questions to not take your time.

    I got my new wii with 3.4U and wiikey 2.

    1. Should I downgrade to 3.2u ?

    2. I'm having problems with super mario galaxy and I was trying to change the speed read disk from 3x to 6x. The config disc does not work and I do not have starfall installed. How can I make the config disc work ?

    3. It does some at 6x by default ? Is there a test for it ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,168
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,559 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Depending on your wii, it may not be compatable with 3.2. If you wish to softmod as well follow the 3.1-4.1 guide below and upgrade to 4.1, you will find everything you need.

    Sorry I can't help with the specifics of wiikey2 config as I don't have one and know nothing of it

    Also not sure about your wii, but on newer wii's like mine 3x is all you get. This can be fix by softmodding and usb loading.

    No tests that I know of for the wii disk read speed. You can run a backup of mario galaxy, if the intro stutters at the beginning of the game- you are running at 3x. 6x should be flawless.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  3. #3
    Member
    ~Former Wiihacks Staff~
    *~ IRC HOP ~*
    thucncao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,054
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 191 Times in 136 Posts
    From my experience with wiikey2, it should be able to read Super Mario Galaxy like a charm. This was before I softmodded my wii and messed with the configurations of the wiikey. It was the first backup that I tried and it ran perfectly. The wiikey2 developers stated that if it is a Geniune Wiikey then it shouldn't have trouble with "problem titles" like supre mario galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
    Come to the Irc room to get help or just have fun

    Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Today I called the guy who sold me the wii, he said I can upgrade my wii to 4.2 without any problem.

    Is that correct ?
    Should I really upgrade ?

    This may solve my super mario galaxy problem ?

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thucncao View Post
    From my experience with wiikey2, it should be able to read Super Mario Galaxy like a charm. This was before I softmodded my wii and messed with the configurations of the wiikey. It was the first backup that I tried and it ran perfectly. The wiikey2 developers stated that if it is a Geniune Wiikey then it shouldn't have trouble with "problem titles" like supre mario galaxy and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
    After you softmodded your wii how did you access the wiikey menu? Could you still do it?

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I belive he did that using the config disc 1.2 for the wiikey 2.

    This disc does not work on my wii, I can see the gamecube logo but when I press to run it just give me a endless black screen .

    I've played a lot of super mario galaxy today, the only 2 cutscenes that gave me problems was the first two. The rest works ok.

    I played a little bit of resident evil archives and resident evil umbrella chronicles and both of them have movies and both worked very well.

    I hope I can play the new mario too, downloading it right now.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    DA KINE WiiHacker
    mauifrog's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    9,168
    Thanks
    307
    Thanked 9,559 Times in 2,969 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    It is possible that you got ripped off and don't have a wiikey, but softmod instead. Don't upgrade to 4.2.

    Download bannerbomb v1 and extract to you sd-card
    Download IOSCheck and put the boot.dol at the root of your sd-card
    Press (Wii), Data Management, Channels, SD. Then insert the card. It should either pop up Load boot.dol/elf?

    IOSCheck should start, look for ios249 version 10-14, look at ios36 and others, see if they have patches enabled and a very large version number. If you see these you were probably softmodded.
    Last edited by mauifrog; 11-19-2009 at 12:33 PM.
    Ipsa scientia potestas est.


    Warning: Piracy is NOT supported. Word your questions carefully.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by veggav View Post
    I belive he did that using the config disc 1.2 for the wiikey 2.

    This disc does not work on my wii, I can see the gamecube logo but when I press to run it just give me a endless black screen .

    I've played a lot of super mario galaxy today, the only 2 cutscenes that gave me problems was the first two. The rest works ok.

    I played a little bit of resident evil archives and resident evil umbrella chronicles and both of them have movies and both worked very well.

    I hope I can play the new mario too, downloading it right now.
    I could access the wiikey2 menu via the config disc before I softmodded the wii a few days ago as per the guide "softmod any wii"

    Now I can't access it any more, I get a disk error.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    21
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I never got this disk to work =(

    Very sad, did you remember if your wiikey settings was in dvd reading speed: 6x or 3x by default ?

    and for the test i'll do it tomorrow, now I'm off to bed :/

  10. #10
    Member
    ~Former Wiihacks Staff~
    *~ IRC HOP ~*
    thucncao's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,054
    Thanks
    54
    Thanked 191 Times in 136 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ryley View Post
    After you softmodded your wii how did you access the wiikey menu? Could you still do it?
    Yeah. I just put in the wiikey update/configuration dvd that I burned.
    Come to the Irc room to get help or just have fun

    Motivation alone is not enough. If you have an idiot and you motivate him, now you have a motivated idiot.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •