Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: HELP! I need somebody! (Beatles Rock Band issue)

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    HELP! I need somebody! (Beatles Rock Band issue)

    I picked up a retail copy of Beatles Rock Band from Gamestop today. I loaded it into my Wii (which is modded). Obligated me to update, so I did. Restarted the Wii, it showed the title screen. It went past the warning screen, and BANG. Nothing happened. The Wii froze. What's wrong with the Wii? ;_;

    Oh and it works with other games (Like Guitar Hero: World Tour), but not SSBB and Rock Band...
    Last edited by AngryNinja224; 09-09-2009 at 08:24 PM.

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    HELP! I need somebody! (Beatles Rock Band issue)

    What mod do you have?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Well...a man did the modding for me, so I don't really know...but I have a feeling it might be a Wiikey.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    i have the wii key installed on my wii and have the game and guitar hero 5 updated as like it wanted to.. and it all works still for me

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    1
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AngryNinja224 View Post
    I picked up a retail copy of Beatles Rock Band from Gamestop today. I loaded it into my Wii (which is modded). Obligated me to update, so I did. Restarted the Wii, it showed the title screen. It went past the warning screen, and BANG. Nothing happened. The Wii froze. What's wrong with the Wii? ;_;

    Oh and it works with other games (Like Guitar Hero: World Tour), but not SSBB and Rock Band...
    I have the same problem. I have a softmod wii. I wish I had an an answer for you Angryninja224. Does your wii also not want to turn off? When that happens to me I have to unplug and replug my wii. Any help from anyone will be great!

  6. #6
    Junior Member Jasons34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,295
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 455 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    I was always told not to do disc updates as they could cause problems. Some modchips have a setting to bypass disc updates. If your softmod has either preloader or starfall and they are set up to bypass disc updates, any original copy game that requires a disc update which is loaded using the disc channel will result with a black screen (where the update would be taking place). Those games instead need to be run using a backup launcher.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tajhy View Post
    I have the same problem. I have a softmod wii. I wish I had an an answer for you Angryninja224. Does your wii also not want to turn off? When that happens to me I have to unplug and replug my wii. Any help from anyone will be great!
    Yeah, the same thing happens to mine too! *Sigh* Well I've given up on this. I have one more question. On the back of the game, it reads "Unauthorized modifications my render this game unplayable." Does it mean that the game itself is unplayable or that the console is unable to play it? Just wondering.

  8. #8
    Junior Member Jasons34's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,295
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 455 Times in 350 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Look on the back of every wii game case and they all say that. You shouldnt have updated your wii. You probably lost some key ios' that you need to play the game. One things for sure, you didnt lose any key ones that would brick the console.
    If I have helped you in any way, please thank me by pressing the little thanks button.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jasons34 View Post
    Look on the back of every wii game case and they all say that. You shouldnt have updated your wii. You probably lost some key ios' that you need to play the game. One things for sure, you didnt lose any key ones that would brick the console.
    It didn't give me a choice whether I wanted to update or not...

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    5
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I have a wiiKey with no softmods and have been able to play all backups and avoiding game updates using WiiBrickBlocker, but unfortunately WBB doesn't recognize Beatles Rockband as a valid Wii ISO.

    Did you say you updated your Wii from Beatles Rockband game and it still worked? Do you only have the WiiKey installed and no other softmods?

    I'd like to get Beatles RockBand to work, but it's not worth bricking my Wii and i really don't want to do any other softmods if i can help it. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •