Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: WIIclip2 and 002 Protection

  1. #1
    New Member stimpy2300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    WIIclip2 and 002 Protection

    Hello,

    I have finally be able to get my ghostbusters game working on my wii with a solderless wiikey II installed but it appears that I have to go through some hoops and use the neogamma4 loader to circumvent the new 002 protection.

    Product Information

    D2pro 9 chip soldered to theV4C-9a wiiclip 2

    I have looked around and cannot find anything regarding them updating their chip to address their protection. I have asked my supplier Canadamods but they are now unresponsive to any emails... So I am asking if anyone know of any work being done to update the firmware on the chip?

    I have also dowloaded the 1.7 disk from the dc2pro site and all it does is hang at a black screen and require a hard reboot. I am trying to determine my firware level. Any help here would be appreciated as well.

    Regards,
    stimpy2300

  2. #2
    Junior Member JR007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy2300 View Post
    Hello,

    I have finally be able to get my ghostbusters game working on my wii with a solderless wiikey II installed but it appears that I have to go through some hoops and use the neogamma4 loader to circumvent the new 002 protection.

    Product Information

    D2pro 9 chip soldered to theV4C-9a wiiclip 2

    I have looked around and cannot find anything regarding them updating their chip to address their protection. I have asked my supplier Canadamods but they are now unresponsive to any emails... So I am asking if anyone know of any work being done to update the firmware on the chip?

    I have also dowloaded the 1.7 disk from the dc2pro site and all it does is hang at a black screen and require a hard reboot. I am trying to determine my firware level. Any help here would be appreciated as well.

    Regards,
    stimpy2300
    hi stimpy!

    you fixed your via by softmodding your wii, right? i thought i read that in one of your posts... or did you finally get 1.7 to install?

  3. #3
    New Member stimpy2300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    hi stimpy!

    you fixed your via by softmodding your wii, right? i thought i read that in one of your posts... or did you finally get 1.7 to install?
    I guess you can say softmod... I am a little confused on the two. The only things that i have done is
    1. install the wiichip 2 soliderless.
    2. Do the Zelda and Starfall hack to get HB channel.

    Then everything worked great until the newer 002 protection came out then I had to add cios 249 rev 13 and neogamma4 so that I can play the new protection games, otherwise I would get a black screen.

    I am now confused to about the whole chip thing, since I needed to do the HB hack (did not have access to a vaild original zelda game) and now it appears that it's of no use... But I truely don't undersand...

    But yes I am working now using the above cios and neogamma to play these games with 002 protection.

    I could not get the utility disk to work, it would only load to a back screen and lock my wii up.

    I would like to know if there is anyone else using these chips that is having the same issue. I have put a question to canadamods about this and would like to know if others are having the same issue or If I have done something wrong to my wii.

  4. #4
    Junior Member JR007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    @stimpy2300 - Thanks for the reply...I understand.

    Regarding your comment about the chip not being able to play '002 protection' games, I hope that's not the case. I just ordered my Wii w/modchip from Canadamods and was hoping these games with this protection would work, otherwise I might be sad. LOL!

    Give Canadamods some time...I have faith they will email you back.

  5. #5
    New Member stimpy2300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    wiichip2 and 002 protection

    Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    @stimpy2300 - Thanks for the reply...I understand.

    Regarding your comment about the chip not being able to play '002 protection' games, I hope that's not the case. I just ordered my Wii w/modchip from Canadamods and was hoping these games with this protection would work, otherwise I might be sad. LOL!

    Give Canadamods some time...I have faith they will email you back.

    Yes they are very good on the sales support site! I cannot say anything bad about them on that. Al over at canadamods was great, he helped me pick out everything and answered all my questions on installation the chip and all went very well.

    But regarding the 002 protection, I hope that it's me then but all I can tell you is I have had the chip since January and it worked great for every game. Then all of a sudden I burned Donkey Kong and got the game in the wii menu, selected it and it would lock up. I just attributed it to a bad burn or two and moved on. Was really concerned about playing that game. Then Ghostbusters came out. And all of a sudden same issue. Then I started researching it. And the only thing that keeps coming up about these games is this 002 protection.

    That is why I am asking if this is occuring to other people using the wiikey 2.

    And the only way I have been able to get it to run is adding cios 13 and running the games through neogamma4, which defeats the whole reason I got a chip...

    I am trying to get some answers but I cannot get any solid responses from them or anyone on this issue as of yet....

    Regards,
    stimyp2300

  6. #6
    Junior Member JR007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    83
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy2300 View Post
    Yes they are very good on the sales support site! I cannot say anything bad about them on that. Al over at canadamods was great, he helped me pick out everything and answered all my questions on installation the chip and all went very well.

    But regarding the 002 protection, I hope that it's me then but all I can tell you is I have had the chip since January and it worked great for every game. Then all of a sudden I burned Donkey Kong and got the game in the wii menu, selected it and it would lock up. I just attributed it to a bad burn or two and moved on. Was really concerned about playing that game. Then Ghostbusters came out. And all of a sudden same issue. Then I started researching it. And the only thing that keeps coming up about these games is this 002 protection.

    That is why I am asking if this is occuring to other people using the wiikey 2.

    And the only way I have been able to get it to run is adding cios 13 and running the games through neogamma4, which defeats the whole reason I got a chip...

    I am trying to get some answers but I cannot get any solid responses from them or anyone on this issue as of yet....

    Regards,
    stimyp2300
    Hey! I completely agree with you about the chip part. I would have thought as well the chip would handle everything (well almost everything) thrown at it.

    I hope as well, maybe a more senior member can help out, because I'm at a loss as well.

  7. #7
    New Member stimpy2300's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    103
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 10 Times in 7 Posts

    Smile Fix for 002 protection

    Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    Hey! I completely agree with you about the chip part. I would have thought as well the chip would handle everything (well almost everything) thrown at it.

    I hope as well, maybe a more senior member can help out, because I'm at a loss as well.
    Ok everyone found the answer thanks to bobbycreek05....

    You must load 3 Nintento IOS 38, 50, 55. They are posted here, load them in order and all will be well with your WII...

    It resolves the 002 protection. My understanding is that they are newer IOS that are needed to play newer games. Just standard operating procedures.

  8. #8
    Wiihacks Recommended
    Pro Installer/Store
    Senior Member
    Spyman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Greater Toronto Area
    Posts
    1,546
    Thanks
    33
    Thanked 123 Times in 106 Posts
    From tests on a virgin stock console modded with d2pro with 4.0u firmware (no homebrew etc installed) seems to load fine without any 002 error. Was the console stock or altered with hbc prior to the 002 error? Just trying to figure it out myself so incase we do get similar questions like that in future we can help.
    Send me a PM if you need any Canadamods.ca support

    $9.95 Flat Rate Shipping to Canada & USA
    Official Support for Canadamods. I am here to help.

    email: sales@canadamods.ca | website: http://www.canadamods.ca | Phone: +1 416 728 0648

    We are the Official Distributors for: P.3Key, Wode JukeBox, WasabiDX, WiiKey, DriveKey, M3i & More - Always Authentic Guarenteed !
    Buy Wode JukeBox v2.0 here: Here

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    2
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stimpy2300 View Post
    Ok everyone found the answer thanks to bobbycreek05....

    You must load 3 Nintento IOS 38, 50, 55. They are posted here, load them in order and all will be well with your WII...

    It resolves the 002 protection. My understanding is that they are newer IOS that are needed to play newer games. Just standard operating procedures.
    Hi

    Hey I also have the wiikey 2 and cant seem to get Ghostbusters to work, I just get a black screen.

    Where did you get the IOS updates that you mention ?

    Would it just be easier for me to update to 4.1 as my wii is still on 3.x (no to sure which).

    Hop

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •