Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: About GC Streaming Audio in Wiikey 2

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question About GC Streaming Audio in Wiikey 2

    Hello, I've been researching about GC Streaming Audio and I know game cube backups that have streaming audio does not work properly with Wii chipped with Wiikey2.
    However, I would like to play Starfox Adventures and Eternal Darkness but I don't know if the game will work if I buy the original disc. Someone could tell me?
    I know that backups don't work because I have tested them ...


    My Wii drive is D2C modded with Wiikey2 and firmware 1.3


    Thank you!

  2. #2
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,207
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 884 Posts
    You should buy the retail discs anyway...we don't support piracy and will not help you if you don't own the games legally.

  3. 1 User Says Thank You SNES_Master For This Useful Post

    Jax

  4. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    You should buy the retail discs anyway...we don't support piracy and will not help you if you don't own the games legally.
    Yes, I know..
    But I need to know if the retail discs will work with my modded Wii.
    Otherwise, buy the games will be waste of money :/

  5. #4
    Moderator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    VWA
    SNES_Master's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,207
    Thanks
    984
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 884 Posts
    Well I can see your point, unfortunately you'll have to discover the solution on your own. Wish I could help (and the other staffers are free to do so if they want) but as previously stated, if you don't own the game that is piracy. Sorry.

  6. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angel7senshi View Post
    Hello, I've been researching about GC Streaming Audio and I know game cube backups that have streaming audio does not work properly with Wii chipped with Wiikey2.
    However, I would like to play Starfox Adventures and Eternal Darkness but I don't know if the game will work if I buy the original disc. Someone could tell me?
    I know that backups don't work because I have tested them ...


    My Wii drive is D2C modded with Wiikey2 and firmware 1.3
    Similar to the above, I found that (with backups) Wiikey 2 has non-functional audio streaming with D2C2, though it sort of works with D2B drives (endlessly repeats audio segments in SFA). I went through a few modchips in order to find two which support audio streaming correctly (Wiikey v1 & YAOSM 3.2) and they only work with DMS/D2A/D2B. Unfortunately, I no longer have a D2C Wii with Wiikey 2 that I can use for testing. The only way to know for sure is to try it, though I have a hunch that audio streaming will work with retail discs.

    Devolution supports audio streaming via USB if you have the original disc for verification, so it would not be a waste of money to buy the games. Frankly, at this point, I'd suggest simply removing the Wiikey 2 and use Devolution instead.

  7. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SNES_Master View Post
    Well I can see your point, unfortunately you'll have to discover the solution on your own. Wish I could help (and the other staffers are free to do so if they want) but as previously stated, if you don't own the game that is piracy. Sorry.
    Well, I'll buy the disc anyway, if don't work, I'll resell it.
    But I really hope it work, because I don't want to remove the Wiikey 2 of my board, this is soldered and unfortunately, I don't have a clip

    Quote Originally Posted by noobcube View Post
    Similar to the above, I found that (with backups) Wiikey 2 has non-functional audio streaming with D2C2, though it sort of works with D2B drives (endlessly repeats audio segments in SFA). I went through a few modchips in order to find two which support audio streaming correctly (Wiikey v1 & YAOSM 3.2) and they only work with DMS/D2A/D2B. Unfortunately, I no longer have a D2C Wii with Wiikey 2 that I can use for testing. The only way to know for sure is to try it, though I have a hunch that audio streaming will work with retail discs.

    Devolution supports audio streaming via USB if you have the original disc for verification, so it would not be a waste of money to buy the games. Frankly, at this point, I'd suggest simply removing the Wiikey 2 and use Devolution instead.
    Do you have a YAOSM 3.2 or Wiikey v1?
    I'm thinking buy a YAOSM 3.2 ...
    I have a saved DMS board and I can solder the YAOSM 3.2 and swap the boards in my Wii drive.
    But I don't know very well about this modchip, if you have it, could you tell me if it have incompatibility with some Wii game? It has compatibility with BCA protection?
    And how about the imports retail discs? Because I have some games in PAL that work very well with my 4.1U Wii with Wiikey v2 and I don't know if it'll work with YAOSM 3.2...
    Thank you!
    Last edited by angel7senshi; 05-07-2013 at 01:57 PM.

  8. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angel7senshi View Post
    Do you have a YAOSM 3.2 or Wiikey v1?
    I'm thinking buy a YAOSM 3.2 ...
    I have a saved DMS board and I can solder the YAOSM 3.2 and swap the boards in my Wii drive.
    But I don't know very well about this modchip, if you have it, could you tell me if it have incompatibility with some Wii game? It has compatibility with BCA protection?
    And how about the imports retail discs? Because I have some games in PAL that work very well with my 4.1U Wii with Wiikey v2 and I don't know if it'll work with YAOSM 3.2...
    Actually, I have both Wiikey v1 and YAOSM 3.2. YAOSM works great with everything I've tried, with the only exception that it is not BCA patched for NSMBW. Wiikey v1 (1.99Beta) supports NSMBW. EurAsia sells both. Both modchips have excellent GC audio streaming support with retail and backup discs. DMS/D2A/D2B with Wiikey v1 gives the best overall GC/Wii backup support, IMO. Currently my drive has the Wiikey, but I seldom use discs anymore.

    Please update the thread with your results!

  9. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noobcube View Post
    Actually, I have both Wiikey v1 and YAOSM 3.2. YAOSM works great with everything I've tried, with the only exception that it is not BCA patched for NSMBW. Wiikey v1 (1.99Beta) supports NSMBW. EurAsia sells both. Both modchips have excellent GC audio streaming support with retail and backup discs. DMS/D2A/D2B with Wiikey v1 gives the best overall GC/Wii backup support, IMO. Currently my drive has the Wiikey, but I seldom use discs anymore.

    Please update the thread with your results!
    So, has your Wiikey v1 a fully functional GC audio streaming, like YAOSM 3.2?! What's your board that you solder Wiikey, DMS, D2A or D2B?
    That encouraged me a lot, because I read somewhere that the Wiikey v1 has compatibility with GC streaming audio but in some games like starfox adventures it is not fully functional (endlessly repeats audio segments)
    If you confirm me that Wiikey v1 runs like YAOSM 3.2 in the GC Audio fix, I'll buy a Wiikey v1 right now! *.*

  10. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    18
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angel7senshi View Post
    So, has your Wiikey v1 a fully functional GC audio streaming, like YAOSM 3.2?! What's your board that you solder Wiikey, DMS, D2A or D2B?
    That encouraged me a lot, because I read somewhere that the Wiikey v1 has compatibility with GC streaming audio but in some games like starfox adventures it is not fully functional (endlessly repeats audio segments)
    If you confirm me that Wiikey v1 runs like YAOSM 3.2 in the GC Audio fix, I'll buy a Wiikey v1 right now! *.*
    Yes, with the right firmware (audio streaming is broken in some revisions), audio streaming games like Star Fox Adventures work with the original Wiikey, just like YAOSM 3.2. I don't recall having repeating audio issues with Wiikey v1; just Wiikey 2 had that issue. My Wii currently has a D2B drive with Wiikey v1. DMS should work similarly. Using the most recent 1.99Beta firmware, Wiikey v1 supports both BCA for NSMBW and GC audio streaming.

    This thread details my efforts trying to find a Wii modchip with working GC audio streaming:

    http://www.wiihacks.com/wiikey-wiike...audio-fix.html

  11. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    9
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Just to update my post, sorry for the delay
    Finally my Wiikey v1 arrived and I installed it with a DMS drive in my Wii. StarFox Adventures worked perfectly with Retail and Backup disc, awesome ! ! !

    Obs: Like the noobcube said, I needed update the Wiikey v1 with 1.99Beta Firmware to work properly with GC Audio Streaming
    Last edited by angel7senshi; 06-14-2013 at 08:21 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •