Possible DOA new Wiikey Fusion Chip
I've been reading the site for quite a bit now and while I'm impressed with the amount of info, I cannot find a reason why my new Fusion chip isn't working. Running 4.3u with a GC2-D2E chip.
After spending 20+ hours testing this chip out, cannot get either the DVD or SD to work, would like to see if I can even get the gamecube channel up to update the fusion, here's what I've tried thus far.
- New in box Wii with 3.1U installed, updated to 4.3U via Nintendo
- Softmodded the system with letter bomb and made backup of NAND
- Downloaded 1.5 update from wiikey site, validating SN as well
- Installed Fusion, nothing, no lights on the chip, system boots as normal, DVD inop.
- Checked dip switches, set switch 1 to off (Canada)
- After reading the forums here and elsewhere, removed all softmodding from the system.
- Next, two different LEDs will appear on the fusion chip, at random times, 90% of the time both red and blue are on, however depending on the power cycle, one or the other, or neither will light
- Verified that the cables are correctly installed as well as the fusion chip.
- Next tired three different SD cards all from various vendors, no luck.
I see a lot of hate on the wiikey team, however I hard modded a wiikey 1 years back (that the ex took with), and don't recall it being this hard to diagnose issues with. However, I cannot find an online guide to tell me what the different LED indicators mean, any help is sincerely appreciated, thank you!!