Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Wii Hacks External HardDrive In need of grave help!!!

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Wii Hacks External HardDrive In need of grave help!!!

    So I have softmodded my wii and wanted to use configurable USB loader for my External Hard Drive. It is 2.5 TB so I have a 100 gb partition for wii games but wbfs manager won't let me load it even after it has been formatted by the wii nor will it format the drive itself. I have tried many time following all walkthroughs going into Disk Management and alot of other stuff like that but I always get the same error code when loading a Wbfs Partition (done by wii) "An error occurred when loading drive." And "An error occured when trying to format your drive," when formatting. I have gotten my flash drive to work with WBFS Manager but no success wit Ext. Hard Drive. Any help will be appreciated

  2. #2
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Im still learning fella, but why dont ya just use it as fat32? im using a 500gb WD fat32 external, and all seems fine so far just a thought

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Fat32

    Quote Originally Posted by whitelinez View Post
    Im still learning fella, but why dont ya just use it as fat32? im using a 500gb WD fat32 external, and all seems fine so far just a thought
    I don't know why but its a new ext.hard drive and it cant be formatted to fat32(do not know why) and also in fat32 you can not have files bigger than 4gb.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonguy View Post
    I don't know why but its a new ext.hard drive and it cant be formatted to fat32(do not know why) and also in fat32 you can not have files bigger than 4gb.
    use this to format: EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

    also is your drive a 2.0 or a 3.0/2.0 compatible? there is also a fat32 guide in my sig.

    and if you are loading files larger than 4gb it gets split. so if you rip a game that is larger than 4gb then the loader splits it automatically..

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    use this to format: EaseUS Partition Master Home Edition - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com

    also is your drive a 2.0 or a 3.0/2.0 compatible? there is also a fat32 guide in my sig.

    and if you are loading files larger than 4gb it gets split. so if you rip a game that is larger than 4gb then the loader splits it automatically..
    Is Configurable Usb LOader compatible with fat32?

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    you can format them m8 but just have to fish around for a little prog for ya computer got a link for one if ya need it, done my other 1tb external in about two mins ;-) none of that leave it on allday melarky

    by the looks of the size of the last 7 games ive put onto my HD they seem to struggle to reach around 3gb, but saying that there probs is bigger ones out there!

  7. #7
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,389 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    yes it is compatible..

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    yes it is compatible..
    Thank you I am going to try it now

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Fat32

    Quote Originally Posted by pokemonguy View Post
    Thank you I am going to try it now
    I tried it and got it to format to Fat32 but it didn't work from there

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    10
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    did you get it sorted?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •