Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33

Thread: Commercial games won't load.

  1. #21
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    You probably have a dirty/bad drive then. You could try a lens cleaner.

  2. #22
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    You probably have a dirty/bad drive then. You could try a lens cleaner.
    Doesn't a dirty laser lens cause the "Disc Cannot be Read" screen on the disc channel screen?

    I'll clean it again and see what happens.
    -Eric

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,775 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Isn't that what Skellinator just said it may be?


  4. #24
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by narse1979 View Post
    Isn't that what Skellinator just said it may be?
    Kind of. I'll be more clear.

    A disc read error causes this error screen:



    Instead, my Wii stops and gives me this error:

    --

    Anyway, I confirm that a dirty laser lens was not the case. I didn't have a laser lens cleaner, so I swapped the laser lens and greased the optical drive.
    Same thing is happening. I'm being led to believe that there's more to this than a bad softmod. Maybe my broken WODE messed with something on the ODDs logic board.

    What to do?


    --
    EDIT: I just swapped the D2E pcb with a D2E board. I am still having the same results. Sorry that I'm getting way ahead of myself, I'm just trying to eliminate a few possibilities.
    Last edited by EForslin; 10-09-2011 at 05:08 PM.
    -Eric

  5. #25
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    skellinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    SE United States
    Posts
    6,067
    Thanks
    833
    Thanked 2,083 Times in 1,757 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Meccael View Post
    Something just doesn't sit right with this op and his/her posts. Even with this post, you say your sys menu is currently 4.2u, but then you post a sys chk that's over a year old with the sys menu stating it's a 4.0/4.1???
    Whoever you are, this site, it's mods, its staff and its members have built up a valuable site of resources, dedicated to freeing the built in capabilities of a game system we all love and enjoy. There's not an issue that hasn't been covered here, to help you repair/recover your unit. I'm not saying not to ask for help or guidance, but when you make it known that you have the basic ability to navigate a hard and/or soft mod, and you do something fishy....just doesn't sit right.
    It's the detective in me. I'm assuming you're an agent for some company, attempting to see if there's any "illegal" activities going on here, so you can get a court order to shut down this site. What you're doing is "baiting" - chumming the waters, to see if any of the "Robbing Hoods" will make your case. If I'm ranting, I apologize...but it just doesn't sit right.
    Anyway, if you actually have an issue, post a current sys chk. Maybe you're playing an out-of-region game. Help us help you.
    For some reason, I am starting to agree with this user.

  6. 1 User Says Thank You skellinator For This Useful Post


  7. #26
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skellinator View Post
    For some reason, I am starting to agree with this user.
    Why, I have been nothing but sincere since I have posted. What do I need to do to convince the community that I'm a legitimate user who wants to have a functional Wii for the release of Skyward Sword?

    I admit, I am "Baiting". I am baiting by posting thorough details about my issue in hopes that I could catch a solution from the minds of the greatest Wii hacking website.

    Here's a video of what is going on.
    Loading issue - YouTube



    Honestly, those company lawyers aren't creative enough to think of a plot like this. They usually just harass you, remember what they did to Bushing?

    Now please, let's get back to resolving this issue.
    I'm not asking to be spoonfed. I just want to find out what the issue is. Honestly, I'm stumped.
    \

    Edit: Oh yeah, I couldn't get my HDD to load on the Wii. It is a junky old WD MyPassport 070A. It doesn't load in Homebrew channel as Fat32 or anything. Is it compatible?
    Last edited by EForslin; 10-09-2011 at 09:18 PM.
    -Eric

  8. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,816
    Thanks
    273
    Thanked 779 Times in 591 Posts
    just out of curiosity, you said you had a WODE on it, did you make sure you put the ribbon cables back in correctly and clipped them in? I know it is a long shot, but thats the only thing I can come up with.


  9. #28
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    just out of curiosity, you said you had a WODE on it, did you make sure you put the ribbon cables back in correctly and clipped them in? I know it is a long shot, but thats the only thing I can come up with.
    Yeah. I checked them.

    I even swapped the Logic Board and laser lens on the ODD and lubricated it. Maybe I'll check the connector on the mobo.

    EDIT: Just stripped down to the mobo. Everything appears to be connected and in order.


    UPDATE: I am experiencing one of those "WTF moments". With the Wii stripped down to the mobo, I tried loading some games. They freakin' worked! Even in the backup channel. I'll look at a few factors that may have cause this then I'll reassemble the Wii. I hope it stays working.

    Conclusion? I have my Wii back together and it works with every game I have tried. This annoys me a bit, it's fixed but I don't know what I did. I hate those occurrences because you don't learn anything from them. So now my Wii is running with a newer chip then I'd like. Maybe I will revert it someday, but not any time soon as I'm exhausted from this.


    Thank you for the support even though there wasn't a direct solution. WiiHacks is going to get a donation from me for this.
    Last edited by EForslin; 10-10-2011 at 12:00 AM.
    -Eric

  10. #29
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Game Master
    cjizzle's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Southeast Ohio
    Posts
    6,296
    Thanks
    1,488
    Thanked 2,621 Times in 1,929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EForslin View Post
    I'll look at a few factors that may have cause this then I'll reassemble the Wii.
    Code for "Oops, I left the motherboard connector unplugged but I dare not admit to it" LOL j/k

  11. #30
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    131
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 21 Times in 19 Posts
    Conclusion? I have my Wii back together and it works with every game I have tried. This annoys me a bit, it's fixed but I don't know what I did. I hate those occurrences because you don't learn anything from them. So now my Wii is running with a newer chip then I'd like. Maybe I will revert it someday, but not any time soon as I'm exhausted from this.


    Thank you for the support even though there wasn't a direct solution. WiiHacks is going to get a donation from me for this.

    Quote Originally Posted by cjizzle View Post
    Code for "Oops, I left the motherboard connector unplugged but I dare not admit to it" LOL j/k
    Not exactly. I never did tear this Wii down to the motherboard until then. Besides, if the connector was the case, it must have been wriggled loose a bit. Remember, Waninkoko's Dump Channel did call up the ID and rip games. Whatever, it Seems like it's running great after everything I've done to it! (Lubricated the drive, swapped the laser lens, installed better IOSes, etc)
    Last edited by EForslin; 10-10-2011 at 12:06 AM.
    -Eric

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •