Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Why Does MultiModManager (MMM) Start Instead of BootMii?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In front of a screen, playing Paper Mario.
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Why Does MultiModManager (MMM) Start Instead of BootMii?

    So I was playing my just downloaded SMW and Super Mario RPG, when I started thinking, "I wouldn't sell my Wii for 1,000 dollars." That reminded me, it was like 4000 Nintendo points ago since I backed up my Wii's NAND. So I get over to the Homebrew Channel immediately to back it up.
    Launched BootMii by pressing home and selecting it, and what do you know? MMM pops up!

    Is this supposed to happen? If so why? I backed my NAND before!
    And I did install (If I didn't, I tried) IOS249 AFTER I backed up my NAND. So I thought my problem was I needed a different IOS, and I could ask you guys which one but, then I noticed that when you press home on the Homebrew Channel, it says IOS58!

    If I need to install a different version IOS, I'm fine with that. The only reason I installed IOS249 is because I wanted GCBL, but all of my 1 GC games work, so I won't need it.

    Additional information you may not need:

    I backed up my Wii pretty much as soon as possible. (The first time, of course.)

    I hacked my Wii at V. 4.3u with Indiana Jones, then downgraded it to 4.1 because it was "Highly recommended".


    So to sum it up, how can I get back to this?

    Or can I backup my NAND with MMM?
    Last edited by -DarkAceZ-; 03-25-2011 at 08:59 AM.

  2. #2
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,833
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    U need to remove mmm cboot2 file from the SD card

  3. 1 User Says Thank You Pob3008 For This Useful Post


  4. #3
    Senior Member Shift_Lock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The City of Rain
    Posts
    5,932
    Thanks
    1,320
    Thanked 1,393 Times in 1,030 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    and when you say you DL'd you mean ripped from original disc right?

    Did I come off like a jerk?? Read more here


    [/spoiler]

  5. 1 User Says Thank You Shift_Lock For This Useful Post


  6. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In front of a screen, playing Paper Mario.
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pob3008 View Post
    U need to remove mmm cboot2 file from the SD card
    Where's it located and what's it called? I used the search application to find...
    mmm 1 result: mmmconfig.txt - root
    cboot2 0 results:

    Quote Originally Posted by Shift_Lock View Post
    and when you say you DL'd you mean ripped from original disc right?
    Umm, DL'd? I guess you mean about my GCBL? I ripped from the original disc, just in case my original goes bad/gets scratched.

    I was just reading some topics and one of the posts said that when you boot, it's 2 flashes if you have bootmii and 1 flash if you don't have bootmii. Mine did 1 flash. Is that because I need to remove "that file"?
    Last edited by -DarkAceZ-; 03-25-2011 at 12:06 PM.

  7. #5
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Pob3008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Liverpool
    Posts
    6,833
    Thanks
    909
    Thanked 2,105 Times in 1,487 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    If your wii drive only flashes once then u have bootmii ios and not boot2 and so bootmii won't load up unless u go into the hbc and select to load.

  8. 1 User Says Thank You Pob3008 For This Useful Post


  9. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In front of a screen, playing Paper Mario.
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is it the file /bootmii/ppcboot that I need to delete?

  10. #7
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by -DarkAceZ- View Post
    Is it the file /bootmii/ppcboot that I need to delete?
    delete the /bootmii/ folder.

  11. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In front of a screen, playing Paper Mario.
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davepm View Post
    delete the /bootmii/ folder.
    ERROR: No /bootmii folder!

  12. #9
    Senior Member
    Retired Staff
    davepm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lincoln, Lincolnshire, United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,561
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 2,059 Times in 831 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1
    but you said:

    Quote Originally Posted by -DarkAceZ- View Post
    Is it the file /bootmii/ppcboot that I need to delete?
    so what is it?

  13. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    In front of a screen, playing Paper Mario.
    Posts
    16
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I'm asking if I need to delete the ppcboot file that's in the /bootmii folder, if that's what you meant...
    OH! I meant I did what you said, and bootmii never loaded, I'm guessing because there was no bootmii folder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •