Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: Rock Band 3 Pro Wireless Guitar Won't Sync

  1. #11
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    I have no problem with Rock Band 3 and a GH guitar, perhaps is because the GH guitar uses a Wiimote instead of a usb dongle. I wish I had a Rock Band guitar to do some testing, did you try with Hermes v4 IOS223 (37+38) and Hermes v5.1 IOS224(57)? Those two IOS's is what you shoud be trying to get USB device compatibility.

    I do use CFG for RB3, no problems there.
    Already solved my friend!
    The combined all-at-once install of:
    - cIOS249 [56] v20
    - cIOS250 [57] v20
    - cIOS222 [38] v4
    - cIOS223 [37+38] v4
    - cIOS224 [57] v5.1

    ...will fix all Pro Wireless guitar connectivity problems. It will also allow you to use cIOS 249 in USB Loaders, thus allowing SDHC support for RB3, and allow you to use mic and Pro Guitar/Keyboard. Configurable USB Loader with 223 mload, however, will (for some reason) disable the USB support for all loaders, and will require reinstall of 223 v4.

  2. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    RB3 Instruments

    Quote Originally Posted by puppy_washer View Post
    I got it working a few days ago, actually! And, my Pro Guitar/Microphone stopped working after awhile too, actually...
    HOWEVER!
    I've figured out what causes it.
    It appears that using Configurable USB Loader (with 223mload) screws the connectivity up, for other loaders too. I'm unsure whether other loaders do the same.

    Simply reinstalling THIS and THIS will make USB functionality work again. Even better, is that cIOS 249 will work with USB too! So, you'll be able to use DLC with your keyboard!

    Using USB Loader GX with 249 seems to keep USB functionality completely. Avoid using Configurable USB Loader for Rock Band 3.
    Congratulations!!! That's awesome! So glad that finally worked out for you! I actually already used those two files and installed them to get my GH6 to work off of USB Loader GX (using Krank's excellent guide) but I fear the Shop Channel guide broke that functionality somehow. I'm still getting some intermittency issues with the keyboard - sometimes it'll load, sometimes it won't... sometimes it just syncs by itself in the middle of a game - so I'll try to remove the previous installations of the IOS' and simply reinstall them. There's no way to "overwrite" an existing IOS if the file you're trying to install is the same version, right? At least, not through MMM.

    On the other hand, that NAND emulation thing looks good. I'm tempted to pick a 1TB drive up and make a project weekend of it. The benefits certainly look worth the risk.

  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puppy_washer View Post
    Already solved my friend!
    The combined all-at-once install of:
    - cIOS249 [56] v20
    - cIOS250 [57] v20
    - cIOS222 [38] v4
    - cIOS223 [37+38] v4
    - cIOS224 [57] v5.1

    ...will fix all Pro Wireless guitar connectivity problems. It will also allow you to use cIOS 249 in USB Loaders, thus allowing SDHC support for RB3, and allow you to use mic and Pro Guitar/Keyboard. Configurable USB Loader with 223 mload, however, will (for some reason) disable the USB support for all loaders, and will require reinstall of 223 v4.
    Will those cIOS' all run with no problems under USB Loader GX, though? Sorry, I've never tried anything other than the loader my unit came with. :P I've also been running into some problems with my SD card... but that's a store for another thread, no doubt.

  4. #14
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    17
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by freefisheater View Post
    Congratulations!!! That's awesome! So glad that finally worked out for you! I actually already used those two files and installed them to get my GH6 to work off of USB Loader GX (using Krank's excellent guide) but I fear the Shop Channel guide broke that functionality somehow. I'm still getting some intermittency issues with the keyboard - sometimes it'll load, sometimes it won't... sometimes it just syncs by itself in the middle of a game - so I'll try to remove the previous installations of the IOS' and simply reinstall them. There's no way to "overwrite" an existing IOS if the file you're trying to install is the same version, right? At least, not through MMM.

    On the other hand, that NAND emulation thing looks good. I'm tempted to pick a 1TB drive up and make a project weekend of it. The benefits certainly look worth the risk.
    Thanks man, it was such a relief to finally get everything working! I hope I can help you out with what I've learned so far!

    Don't uninstall IOS's! You can install and uninstall cIOS's, but you still shouldn't do it...it's good practice to simply overwrite previous installations of any IOS/cIOS. And MMM should allow you to write over pre-existing cIOS installations.

    If it doesn't, then you may have picked the wrong IOS to use for MMM. 236 always works for me.

    Quote Originally Posted by freefisheater View Post
    Will those cIOS' all run with no problems under USB Loader GX, though? Sorry, I've never tried anything other than the loader my unit came with. :P I've also been running into some problems with my SD card... but that's a store for another thread, no doubt.
    Yep! USB Loader GX Allows for all cIOS's to be run, and I've never had an issue with any of them. It's also very easy to set up.

    Also, back up your SD Card information, and then use THIS to format your SD Card. I also had problems with my card (16gb Micro SDHC Card), but it works fine now! I use it to store all my DLC.

  5. #15
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puppy_washer View Post
    Thanks man, it was such a relief to finally get everything working! I hope I can help you out with what I've learned so far!

    Don't uninstall IOS's! You can install and uninstall cIOS's, but you still shouldn't do it...it's good practice to simply overwrite previous installations of any IOS/cIOS. And MMM should allow you to write over pre-existing cIOS installations.

    If it doesn't, then you may have picked the wrong IOS to use for MMM. 236 always works for me.
    I know I shouldn't uninstall cIOS' / IOS'... but MMM wouldn't let me install them because the versions on the SD card were the same as the ones currently installed. So can I roll back to an earlier version of the cIOS and reinstall the current versions? Maybe I should take a look at the "Update All You IOS'" thread again for details...

    Quote Originally Posted by puppy_washer;508000Yep! USB Loader GX Allows for all cIOS's to be run, and I've never had an issue with any of them. It's also very easy to set up.

    Also, back up your SD Card information, and then use [URL="http://panasonic.jp/support/global/cs/sd/download/image/DL_button.gif"
    THIS[/URL] to format your SD Card. I also had problems with my card (16gb Micro SDHC Card), but it works fine now! I use it to store all my DLC.
    What brand of SDHC are you using? And is it possible to get one that is recognizable and usable across the System Menu, HBC and various games within USB Loader GX? I was previously using a 2GB Kingston card but quickly ran out of space once I got the Shop Channel working. I tried using an 8GB SanDisk Micro SDHC and it worked fine in the System Menu - all my WiiWare and VC games would work fine. But when I try to boot up GH5, GH:WOR or RB3, I would get various errors. Sometimes the card wouldn't be recognized at all, sometimes I would get the "Card is not compatible," error, sometimes I would get an Unknown Error (particularly in RB3, when the game boots up and asks to transfer data from the Wii system memory to the SD Card. So... will the Panasonic SD Formatter solve all my problems, or should I hold out for a cleaner solution? :-P

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    There is a reason why you shouldn't downgrade your IOS's. MMM will not let you do that because it's a built in safety feature, so you don't brick your Wii.

    Don't try to bypass the safety features of MMM, NEVER remove, delete, or downgrade an IOS below IOS200.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 01-18-2011 at 08:27 PM.

  7. #17
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    There is a reason why you shouldn't downgrade your IOS's. MMM will not let you do that because it's a built in safety feature, so you don't brick your Wii.
    Thanks for that! I understand, but what happens if, say, something went wrong with the IOS or cIOS, or it got corrupted somehow? Or if you just want to reinstall the same current version? I'm really new to all this, so I don't know if this is even logical: say I installed (hypothetically, I'm making this version up) cIOS 223 v5. and a game I want to run needs that cIOS version, but fails to load. Is there a way to reinstall that cIOS at that exact same version? Or is it really an impossibility / impractical for stability reasons?

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Always install over top of, never delete or remove an IOS. I have never had the need to delete an IOS from my Wii, and have never seen a corrupted IOS below 200. Is there some reason you cannot use Wad Manager or a cIOS installer?

  9. #19
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    28
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    Always install over top of, never delete or remove an IOS. I have never had the need to delete an IOS from my Wii, and have never seen a corrupted IOS below 200. Is there some reason you cannot use Wad Manager or a cIOS installer?
    To be honest, I don't think I've used WAD manager to install any IOS - I followed the GH6 and the Shop Channel v20 guides and have only had to install through MMM. Through WAD Manager 1.7, I've only installed apps.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    Wad Manager will install what ever wad you want it to install, be careful not to downgrade your IOS. I use cIOS installers to install a cIOS, but you can use a cIOS wad to do that too. To me, MMM to too big of an app just for installing a single wad, that's why I prefer Wad Manager.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •