Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: no matter how much I softmod my 4.2 wii, theres always a disc error.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    no matter how much I softmod my 4.2 wii, theres always a disc error.

    I have an old Wii that used to be Twilight hacked. I recently used bannerbomb and modmii 4.4.0 to softmod my 4.2 Wii. I added all the correct cios and ios, ios36, cios249, and many others. I use the latest version of Neogamma and also the recommened rev 17 as well as Gecko 1.9.3.1. I tried sys check to see what was wrong and added the necessary missing wads. Many of the newer games only gets past the game menu or the first 2 levels. I'm not sure if there is anything wrong with my actual wii but I can play my Wiiplay and Wiisports perfectly fine. Any suggestions on what to do? Is a USB loader the best way? Thanks in advance everyone!

  2. #2
    Junior Member unrealtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 150 Times in 122 Posts
    try re-ripping them. usb is the best way




    If I did help you, click on the thanks button , itīs free
    How to play out of region games (disc playing) Neogamma
    uLoader Priiloader

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I did. I burned the same game from a few different places, original and patched, even used different dvd-r and same result. Anyway I can avoid using USB loader?

  4. #4
    Junior Member unrealtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 150 Times in 122 Posts
    try to follow the updating old softmod guide. look for it




    If I did help you, click on the thanks button , itīs free
    How to play out of region games (disc playing) Neogamma
    uLoader Priiloader

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Senior Moderator
    Only site donators may send a PM to WiiHacks Staff
    oddgriffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    New Franklin, Ohio. USA
    Posts
    10,177
    Thanks
    2,195
    Thanked 2,560 Times in 2,006 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Has this console ever been sent in for repair? There were alot of these that had the dvd drives replaced with the newer ones according to alot of folks out there.
    Sent from my van, down by the river.




    Never quantify your life by comparison. It is always going to be apples to oranges. If you feel the need to always look down on others, you currently do not own enough mirrors------ Tommie Griffin.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by unrealtron View Post
    try to follow the updating old softmod guide. look for it
    is it the guide from junkmail? http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-softmod.html
    I tried that guide along with the "mod any wii" guide and another one and thy all have the same results.

    Quote Originally Posted by oddgriffin View Post
    Has this console ever been sent in for repair? There were alot of these that had the dvd drives replaced with the newer ones according to alot of folks out there.
    nope I never sent this wii in for any repairs. My friend used the same guides as me and his 4.2 bannerbomb wii worked perfectly fine. He even used the same disc and ISO as me.
    Last edited by Krafter; 12-04-2010 at 07:10 PM.

  7. #7
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    How do the original games work in the disk channel? Do they play? If not then you have a drive issue as oddgriffin was saying. If they do then you have a softmod problem or bad backups.

    And please use the edit button in the future instead of creating multiple posts.
    Last edited by Krafter; 12-04-2010 at 07:17 PM.

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafter View Post
    How do the original games work in the disk channel? Do they play? If not then you have a drive issue as oddgriffin was saying. If they do then you have a softmod problem or bad backups.

    And please use the edit button in the future instead of creating multiple posts.
    The original games work perfectly fine in the disk channel and my friend's softmodded wii worked even though we both used the same guides. He suggested USB loader but if backup loaders don't work, maybe usb wouldn't work as well. Dvd-r games of that time worked fine when I used the Twilight Hack a few years ago. I've heard some people who used the Twilight Hack had the same issue as me but not sure.

    Sorry about not using the edit button. Do you mean to edit my original post with additional information that people ask?

  9. #9
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,092 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    No you don't have to edit your original post. We just don't like to see multiple threads in a row within 24 hours or so. That is considered bumping.

    What kind of media are you using for your games backups? Verbatim is considered the best. It is also suggested that you use imgburn to create your backups. You could also have a look at the problematic game guides found in my signature. Maybe it's a known issue with the games you are having problems with.

  10. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    23
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafter View Post
    No you don't have to edit your original post. We just don't like to see multiple threads in a row within 24 hours or so. That is considered bumping.

    What kind of media are you using for your games backups? Verbatim is considered the best. It is also suggested that you use imgburn to create your backups. You could also have a look at the problematic game guides found in my signature. Maybe it's a known issue with the games you are having problems with.
    I'm using Dynex DVD-R. I also used Verbatim and still had an error. I am using imgburn to create my backups and I also checked the specific guides to see what I needed and still after installing the necessary wads, it still doesn't work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •