Curiosity killed the cat and evidentally eaten the thread title
I've been wondering, and after searching some forums, googling, reading random posts around here.
1) Why doesn't formatting remove softmods? Isn't formatting's only purpose is to leave the Wii in the state it was in once it was bought?
2) Why is it not a good idea to "virginize" a wii to re-softmod it? I suppose it has something to do with stuff being written to NAND or something.
3) Why shouldn't you update from Nintendo? I can sort of answer this myself but I want a confirmation, does Nintendo overwrite your IOSes with their own stubs or something from the like?
Originally Posted by Cryptic_Chrono
1.) it only removes channels ,saved data etc it will never remove ios=cios=softmod
2.)because there is no point you always update to change something it always installs over...except channels(the only time i think would be worthy is to get the clean nand back up if you have boot2)
3.)yes they stub the slot 249,250,222,223 with 4.2+ update making it extra step to softmod remove the stubs then install cios and with 4.3 you cant use bannerbomb exploit
1. Nope, not the purpose at all. Never do this unless someone here (reliable) tells you to do so.
2. There is no need, that's why....and you can end up with more problems then you started with if something goes wrong.
3. Yes the updates block homebrew and stub your cIOS. No need to update beyond 4.1.
Edit: Too slow..
Lol thanks, yeah I was just wondering some of these things, I also have another question.
How to the exploits work (Smash Stack, Yu-Gi-Owned/Vah, Indiana Pwns)? Is it like banner bomb? Do they crash the game to be able to load an installer?
Thanks for the answers =)