Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Second Hand Wii 4.2e hacked Please help.

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Question Second Hand Wii 4.2e hacked Please help.

    Hi,

    Hope someone can help, I have a wii that has been hacked. It is version 4.2e, I would like to virginize it but I have no idea how to do this.

    Is it a simple case of updating to 4.3 or formating. Or do I have to do something else.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Jon Kong

  2. #2
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkong View Post
    Hi,

    Hope someone can help, I have a wii that has been hacked. It is version 4.2e, I would like to virginize it but I have no idea how to do this.

    Is it a simple case of updating to 4.3 or formating. Or do I have to do something else.

    Any help will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks in advance.

    Jon Kong
    Why do you want to revirginize it? There is no disadvantage to having your Wii hacked.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Because I am giving it to my 10 year old nephew, and if he tries to update it it may brick it it also has me details in the shopping channel (which I can't access until it is update) and I want to remove this information.

  4. #4
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkong View Post
    Because I am giving it to my 10 year old nephew, and if he tries to update it it may brick it it also has me details in the shopping channel (which I can't access until it is update) and I want to remove this information.
    Homebrew won't cause a brick; Nintendo does. That is a common mistake people make. There is just as much chance that you will brick your Wii if you update a hacked Wii. The only difference is that if it is hacked, you can probably fix it. If it is a virgin Wii, you just lost $300.

    You can update the Shopping Channel easily without updating the Wii. Nintendo says that hacks are "dangerous," but their last two updates have added no new features, and have caused tons of bricks.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/general-home...v20-guide.html
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JoostinOnline View Post
    Homebrew won't cause a brick; Nintendo does. That is a common mistake people make. There is just as much chance that you will brick your Wii if you update a hacked Wii. The only difference is that if it is hacked, you can probably fix it. If it is a virgin Wii, you just lost $300.

    You can update the Shopping Channel easily without updating the Wii. Nintendo says that hacks are "dangerous," but their last two updates have added no new features, and have caused tons of bricks.

    http://www.wiihacks.com/general-home...v20-guide.html
    So are you saying, if my nephew or I update to 4.3 then we will not brick the wii?

    All I want to achieve is to give him a wii that will work and can be update, he is 10 so even if I tell him not to update it I suspect he will.

    I guess what I'm asking is can the homebrew/hack be removed?

    Thanks for you replies.

  6. #6
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkong View Post
    So are you saying, if my nephew or I update to 4.3 then we will not brick the wii?

    All I want to achieve is to give him a wii that will work and can be update, he is 10 so even if I tell him not to update it I suspect he will.

    I guess what I'm asking is can the homebrew/hack be removed?

    Thanks for you replies.
    There isn't any point in updating your System Menu! Updating the System Menu could easily brick your Wii, but it has nothing to do with the hacks. That is why you should install Priiloader to block updates, and BootMii to do a NAND backup if Nintendo does brick your Wii. Hacks PROTECT your Wii, not put it in more danger (except DarkCorp, which I doubt you have). Removing your hacks to update your Wii is like taking off your pads so you can play football. There is no logic in it.

    Just install Priiloader, and you can block any updates.

    Edit: It's also like taking off your parachute so you can go skydiving.
    Last edited by JoostinOnline; 10-26-2010 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Thought of a better example :)
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,311
    Thanks
    1,803
    Thanked 4,246 Times in 3,571 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Moved to the newbie section (OP: have care where you post).

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok thanks for the advice, what is the quickest and easiest way to remove all my data from it?

    Can it be formatted?

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Where can I get Priiloader and Bootmii I have looked in the brick prevention guide but none of the links work. Please help.

  10. #10
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jonkong View Post
    Where can I get Priiloader and Bootmii I have looked in the brick prevention guide but none of the links work. Please help.
    I am glad you came around. I had decided to ignore you since I didn't want to help you completely brick your Wii by removing hacks. Use this guide:
    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...d-any-wii.html


    Follow Chapter 1 and 2. Since you are only interested in brick prevention, you can skip Chapter 3. You don't need to downgrade to 4.1, since it won't make a difference in your case. Also, DON'T INSTALL DARKCORP. Like I said in my last post, DarkCorp (previously known as cIOSCorp) is the one hack on this site that is bad for your Wii. Everything else is either to protect it, or to add more features, such as DVD playback or running your games from a hard drive. Here are a few tips for that guide:
    1. The password for all file downloads is www.wiihacks.com (all lowercase)
    2. Get a 2GB Nintendo SanDisk card for this. They have full compatibility and cost about $10.
    3. Make a full backup with BootMii. If anything goes wrong with your Wii you can just restore it.
    4. On Part 1 of Chapter 1, use BannerBomb v2. Then you won't need a game to do this.
    5. Once you are done, don't forget to restore the bootmii folder that you backed up on Part 3 of Chapter 1
    Once you finish everything, you should have an updated Shopping Channel, be able to run any game without updating, and have full brick protection.
    Last edited by JoostinOnline; 10-31-2010 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Fixed tip 5
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •