Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Full-Brick Wii Help

  1. #11
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,427
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Ah, disregard... You said Metroid Prime and I read Metroid: Other M. Sorry.

  2. #12
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krafter View Post
    Ah, disregard... You said Metroid Prime and I read Metroid: Other M. Sorry.
    its all good i still appreciate your attempt at trying to help me though

  3. #13
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    does anyone else have a solution that they can provide?

  4. #14
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,427
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Watch the bumping please. Someone will get back to you when they are available.

  5. #15
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Before you can continue with anything, we need to verify you can autoboot a game. You need to install your Wiikey into a different Wii and enable the autoboot game feature and also make sure the block disc updates feature is disabled. Once the modchip is programmed you need to verify that you're able to autoboot a game. This could be done with any in region game as long as it's a known working one. If the game loads and has SM 3.1+ your SM will be updated and the Wii should be unbricked. I recommend using an official game as most USB loaders remove the update partition when storing it as an iso on your HDD. (SMG 2 is fine so long as it still has the update partition.)
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 10-17-2010 at 08:31 AM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  6. #16
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    Before you can continue with anything, we need to verify you can autoboot a game. You need to install your Wiikey into a different Wii and enable the autoboot game feature and also make sure the block disc updates feature is disabled. Once the modchip is programmed you need to verify that you're able to autoboot a game. This could be done with any in region game as long as it's a known working one. If the game loads and has SM 4.0+ your SM will be updated and the Wii should be unbricked. I recommend using an official game as most USB loaders remove the update partition when storing it as an iso on your HDD. (SMG 2 is fine so long as it still has the update partition.)
    Getting my hands on another working Wii might be a problem. I have friends who have Wii consoles, but none that would let me open it up and solder a chip to their drive. I guess i can try to buy a referb if they are not to expensive. Is there any way to work around this at all?

    Actually, now that i think about it, the block disc updates should be disabled from the WiiKey because that was the reason why the Wii became bricked in the first place... from accepting an update from another region game
    Last edited by ghostie29; 10-16-2010 at 02:53 PM.

  7. #17
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostie29 View Post
    Getting my hands on another working Wii might be a problem. I have friends who have Wii consoles, but none that would let me open it up and solder a chip to their drive. I guess i can try to buy a referb if they are not to expensive. Is there any way to work around this at all?
    I would buy a DriveKey and have the company you buy it from program it to autoboot and allow updates instead of purchasing a different console.

    DriveKey Solderless Wii Mod Chip US$34.95

    Actually, now that i think about it, the block disc updates should be disabled from the WiiKey because that was the reason why the Wii became bricked in the first place... from accepting an update from another region game
    Yes, I realize this however the autoboot feature is what has to be enabled. If you're going to go through the trouble of installing the modchip in a different console, you should double check that setting as well (Dot your i's and cross your t's). You don't want to have to swap it out a second time.
    Last edited by streamlinehd; 10-16-2010 at 03:12 PM.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  8. #18
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    I would buy a DriveKey and have the company you buy it from program it to autoboot instead of purchasing a different console.

    DriveKey Solderless Wii Mod Chip US$34.95



    Yes, I realize this however the autoboot feature is what has to be enabled. I'm just saying if you're going to go through the trouble of installing the modchip in a different console, you should double check that setting as well (Dot your i's and cross your t's). You don't want to have to swap it out a second time.
    so would it be easier if i just take out the WiiKey, and install a DriveKey instead?
    Side note, i have no experience with self-soldering. this Wii was modded by a company called GModz. Would i have to go back and have them take out the WiiKey for me, or can i do it myself for free?

  9. #19
    Junior Member streamlinehd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    East Coast, USA
    Posts
    1,369
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 557 Times in 377 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Try patching SMG 2 with Wii Bootme see if that works before you go the route of buying a new modchip but yes, you would have to remove the Wiikey first.
    Cogita ante salis
    If you're happy with the help I provided, don't forget to hit my thanks button


  10. #20
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by streamlinehd View Post
    Try patching SMG 2 with Wii Bootme see if that works before you go the route of buying a new modchip but yes, you would have to remove the Wiikey first.
    i have BootMe but used Wii Autoboot Creator instead because i could not figure out how to run BootMe. When i try to run the application, a command promp window opens and automatically closes instantly. I can not even read what comes up in the dialogue window. Is there something more to using BootMe than just running the application?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •