Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: Is there a mod to let one use a GH Guitar in RB?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Is there a mod to let one use a GH Guitar in RB?

    Everybody who owns a wii pretty much knows that you can't use a guitar hero guitar in rock band, and vice versa, even though you can with other consoles... The other day I saw that there is a 3rd party guitar out for the wii that does play on both games, but the reviews said it was very poorly made. I am a noob here, but I thought to myself, "hey, if someone can mod their wii so that any type of dvd can be read, ad played through the disc channel, I bet it's possible to let these guitars be cross-compatible."

    So is it possible to do so? I've searched, but I didn't find anything.

  2. #2
    Junior Member unrealtron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Venezuela
    Posts
    791
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 150 Times in 122 Posts
    you can do it without any mods. guitar hero guitars are compatible with the rockband games. I donīt know If vice-versa
    Last edited by unrealtron; 10-11-2010 at 03:28 PM.




    If I did help you, click on the thanks button , itīs free
    How to play out of region games (disc playing) Neogamma
    uLoader Priiloader

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    really? Has this always been the case? Last time I tried was with a gh3 guitar in RB 1 and it didn't work for me. I'll have to check when I can get a hold of a rock band game again.

    BTW thanks for your quick reply!

  4. #4
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eovnu87435ds View Post
    really? Has this always been the case? Last time I tried was with a gh3 guitar in RB 1 and it didn't work for me. I'll have to check when I can get a hold of a rock band game again.

    BTW thanks for your quick reply!
    Yeah. If they weren't, people would have to choose between one or the other, unless they were loaded.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

  5. #5
    Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    Darkcide666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY
    Posts
    3,719
    Thanks
    560
    Thanked 923 Times in 666 Posts
    There is an outdated compatibility chart online. If I remember correctly it was on Activision's site. I think some of the older instruments might not be cross compatible but all of the newer ones play nice with each other.

    Don't hold me to it though...I use PS2 GH guitars to play both on the Wii.
    "Hackers solve problems and build things, and they believe in freedom and voluntary mutual help." - Eric S. Raymond

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    What about the gh drum set, does that work in rockband?

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Marysville,WA
    Posts
    509
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 78 Times in 72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hungherk View Post
    What about the gh drum set, does that work in rockband?
    Yes it does, rock band only uses 4 colors though so i think on GH drums your blue and orange are the same in rock band. Personal experience.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,552
    Thanks
    364
    Thanked 2,241 Times in 1,111 Posts
    Blog Entries
    8
    I have RB2, legoRB, beatlesRB and the GH guitar and drums works with those games, but I do not have RB1.

    I know that RB1 guitar does not work with GH games, but RB2 guitar and drums does work with GH games, I know from reading, cannot confirm that.

    edit - I forgot, greenday RB also works with the GH instruments.
    Last edited by Stomp_442; 10-11-2010 at 08:58 PM.

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    34
    Thanks
    9
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stmcmurray76 View Post
    Yes it does, rock band only uses 4 colors though so i think on GH drums your blue and orange are the same in rock band. Personal experience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stomp_442 View Post
    I have RB2, legoRB, beatlesRB and the GH guitar and drums works with those games, but I do not have RB1.

    I know that RB1 guitar does not work with GH games, but RB2 guitar and drums does work with GH games, I know from reading, cannot confirm that.

    edit - I forgot, greenday RB also works with the GH instruments.
    tnx for the info, i now have expanded my library

  10. #10
    Senior Member JoostinOnline's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    4,457
    Thanks
    604
    Thanked 1,261 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkcide666 View Post
    There is an outdated compatibility chart online. If I remember correctly it was on Activision's site. I think some of the older instruments might not be cross compatible but all of the newer ones play nice with each other.

    Don't hold me to it though...I use PS2 GH guitars to play both on the Wii.
    You can find an updated chart here.
    "Macs are the Perfect Computers," said the Perfect Idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •