Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Bright Games when played?

  1. #1
    Zog
    Zog is offline
    New Member Zog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Bright Games when played?

    Hello WiiHacks.com,

    Hopefully someone here can help me?,when i load a game from my 16G memory stick to the wii the game plays but is a bright white and looks faded,also slightly jiggery during game play, if that makes any sense?

    I've tried the obvious TV brightness issues but that had no effect,so i tried a different game but when loaded the screen goes black and hangs until i reset the wii!

    As far as i know I've done everything right concerning download,converting with WBFS Manager and loading with USB Loader,but i am a noob at this so mistakes may be common?

    Any help is much appreciated!


    Thanks in advance!

    Zog!
    Last edited by nightstah; 10-08-2010 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Removed user's obsessive (ab)use of BOLD and ITALICS

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,699
    Thanks
    1,887
    Thanked 4,386 Times in 3,680 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    I've done everything right concerning download,converting with WBFS Manager and loading with USB Loader,but i am a noob at this so mistakes may be common
    Why would you be "downloading" something you allegedly purchased? We don't support piracy if that is where this is going. Your posting in bold is overkill as well.

    Wiihacks - Nintendo Wii Hacks Community - Forum Rules
    Last edited by nightstah; 10-08-2010 at 06:43 PM.

  3. #3
    Zog
    Zog is offline
    New Member Zog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Hey thanks for killing my thread!...A quick answer to your Q would be [its none of your business!!

    Thanks for helping BTW,lol!,what a joke!,it's none of your business how i get my games or write my questions on any forum!,bold,italic its my choice!!

    WOW, i just joined this WiiHACK site for some genuine help from some members who have the same problems as me,since i joined yesterday I've had no real good advice,from anyone, just someone who likes to be awkward with new members!!,time to look somewhere else for help i think!, i can't see this site being open for long if thats how you treat your new members,no wonder theres only one or two replies on some of the threads!!
    Zog!
    Last edited by junkmail; 10-09-2010 at 05:14 AM. Reason: stop with the bold please...

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Sounds like an out of region game. It also sounds like it's also an attitude problem. It is our business how you get your games because this site does not support piracy and must actively fight against it to avoid being shut down. As far as your format goes... it just makes it a pain to read and that's clearly stated in our rules.

  5. #5
    New Member
    Community Representative - Donation/Contest Committee
    ganoderma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 68 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    Hey thanks for killing my thread!...A quick answer to your Q would be [its none of your business!!]

    Thanks for helping BTW,lol!,what a joke!,it's none of your business how i get my games or write my questions on any forum!,bold,italic its my choice!!

    WOW, i just joined this WiiHACK site for some genuine help from some members who have the same problems as me,since i joined yesterday I've had no real good advice,from anyone, just someone who likes to be awkward with new members!!,time to look somewhere else for help i think!, i can't see this site being open for long if thats how you treat your new members,no wonder theres only one or two replies on some of the threads!!

    Zog!
    Wow, butthurt...

    Maybe next time you should read the SITE RULES which clearly state that piracy isn't allowed. What you do is indeed your own business but we don't go help people with illegally obtaining games and playing them.
    The idea of this site is for hacking your wii, yes. But there's lots of LEGAL reasons why you would hack your wii (play homebrew games, use homebrew programs like linux for the wii or backing up your original games so it's easier to start games without the hassle of discs and without risk to scratch and ruin the discs)

    If (new or old) members read the rules and treat us normal, we will treat them normal. If people go around "OMG MY DOWNLOADED GAMES DON'T WORK!" we won't...
    4.1E | Bootmii as boot2 | Priiloader 0.7b | configurable USB loader V62-222 | Hermes v4 | Hermes v5.1 | Wanin v20

    ← If I helped you, please click the thanks button on the bottom left of my post.

  6. #6
    Zog
    Zog is offline
    New Member Zog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmail View Post
    Sounds like an out of region game..
    Thanks for your reply,
    Since the mod, my Wii has the option of forcing regions, I've tried them all but the same result persists?

    Quote Originally Posted by junkmail View Post
    It also sounds like it's also an attitude problem.
    Attitude problem?, no i don't think i have an attitude problem, i just expect a question about Wii game problems to be answered on a WiiHack site without an assumed or judgmental opinion of where i get my games from, i still stand by what i said, its nobody's business where i get my games from.
    The games may be mine that I've uploaded for safe keeping and then downloaded if the original was ever broken or lost?,but that's my business,not yours or anyone else's,now if i clearly and openly said i get my games from an online illegal torrent site then the argument of piracy would be a valid one,not that i have to, but i can prove that the games i have in my possession are 100% mine and nobody else's.

    Quote Originally Posted by junkmail View Post
    It is our business how you get your games because this site does not support piracy and must actively fight against it to avoid being shut down.
    Yes i do understand piracy laws and why sites like this have to try and enforce them or face shut down,but assuming someone is a pirate when they are not is wrong!

    Quote Originally Posted by junkmail View Post
    As far as your format goes... it just makes it a pain to read and that's clearly stated in our rules.
    I will refrain from using bold whilst writing in future, it seems easier to read to me but thats just my preference.

    OK, a quick re-cap.....
    All I'm asking for here is some help in determining what could be wrong with the game screen,that's all,this is not a piracy thread,sticking to the topic would be great!

    OK, now all that's out the way,hopefully the original question can be answered....


    Hopefully someone here can help me?,when i load a game from my 16G memory stick to the wii the game plays but is a bright white and looks faded,also slightly jiggery during game play, if that makes any sense?

    I've tried the obvious TV brightness issues but that had no effect,so i tried a different game but when loaded the screen goes black and hangs until i reset the wii!

    As far as i know I've done everything right concerning download,converting with WBFS Manager and loading with USB Loader,but i am a noob at this so mistakes may be common?

    Any help is much appreciated!


    Thanks in advance!

    Zog!

  7. #7
    Zog
    Zog is offline
    New Member Zog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ganoderma View Post
    Wow, butthurt...
    Maybe next time you should read the SITE RULES which clearly state that piracy isn't allowed. What you do is indeed your own business but we don't go help people with illegally obtaining games and playing them.
    Please feel free to quote any of my posts where i stated that i obtain my games illegally!

    Quote Originally Posted by ganoderma View Post
    The idea of this site is for hacking your wii, yes. But there's lots of LEGAL reasons why you would hack your wii (play homebrew games, use homebrew programs like linux for the wii or backing up your original games so it's easier to start games without the hassle of discs and without risk to scratch and ruin the discs)
    Yes, i am aware of this!
    Quote Originally Posted by ganoderma View Post
    If (new or old) members read the rules and treat us normal, we will treat them normal. If people go around "OMG MY DOWNLOADED GAMES DON'T WORK!" we won't...
    Again please feel free to Quote any of my posts where i state as you have so eloquently put it.."OMG MY DOWNLOADED GAMES DON'T WORK!"
    You can't can you,because i have never stated that,thanks for answering my simple question constructively,LOL,again this topic is about the brightness of the screen when a particular game is played not PIRACY!!!

    There's no need to post if you can't answer my question!

    Zog!

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,784
    Thanks
    787
    Thanked 1,791 Times in 1,262 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    What region is your wii and what region are your games?

  9. #9
    New Member
    Community Representative - Donation/Contest Committee
    ganoderma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    273
    Thanks
    38
    Thanked 68 Times in 53 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    Please feel free to quote any of my posts where i stated that i obtain my games illegally!


    Yes, i am aware of this!

    Again please feel free to Quote any of my posts where i state as you have so eloquently put it.."OMG MY DOWNLOADED GAMES DON'T WORK!"
    You can't can you,because i have never stated that,thanks for answering my simple question constructively,LOL,again this topic is about the brightness of the screen when a particular game is played not PIRACY!!!

    There's no need to post if you can't answer my question!

    Zog!
    First of all:
    Quote Originally Posted by Zog View Post
    I will refrain from using bold whilst writing in future, it seems easier to read to me but thats just my preference.
    That didn't last very long...
    Anyway:

    Please quote the part where I said YOU put it like that. It's just that quite a lot of people come here telling us their downloaded games don't work, which is something we don't help with. (downloaded means pirated 99% of the time, not many people make backups of their games online.)

    By the way, did you download the games from the internet (which isn't piracy if you own the game) or did you make a backup and put that online? If you didn't make the backup yourself it might be the wrong region (as stated, try forcing your own region in the backup loader) or it might even be a bad rip.
    4.1E | Bootmii as boot2 | Priiloader 0.7b | configurable USB loader V62-222 | Hermes v4 | Hermes v5.1 | Wanin v20

    ← If I helped you, please click the thanks button on the bottom left of my post.

  10. #10
    Zog
    Zog is offline
    New Member Zog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    7
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by junkmail View Post
    What region is your wii and what region are your games?
    I have a small collection of different region games,as my brother had an NTSC Wii which he modded,but gave it to me along with games when he grew bored of it,his Wii broke recently so i bought a new one which is now modded to play any region! my Wii before it was modded was Pal.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •