Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: problem with dual layer disc

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    problem with dual layer disc

    HI!


    This is my problem:

    I got a wii with sunkey fushion and i hade no problem playing dual layers with it (like SSBB) and some days ago metroid other m was released but it doesnt worked on my wii and stupied as i was i accepted the upgrade to 4.3E. So i Followed this guide to softmode wii back to 4.1 and hopefully get metroid to work.

    (and no this thread isn't about metroid, just want my wii to play dual layers dics)

    http://www.wiihacks.com/recommended-...mod-guide.html

    Also got neogamma becasue some one told the that it worked for him. And it started but it's stops after first cut scene. So i tried some other games and now i cant get my SSBB to worked (had no problem with it before).

    Here is a syscheck:

    Spoiler



    So i wonder if u guys know why my wii doesnt like dual layers dics any more.

    Best Regards failman

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,216
    Thanks
    1,785
    Thanked 4,212 Times in 3,542 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by failman View Post
    some days ago metroid other m was released but it doesnt worked on my wii and stupied as i was i accepted the upgrade to 4.3E. So i Followed this guide to softmode wii back to 4.1 and hopefully get metroid to work.

    (and no this thread isn't about metroid, just want my wii to play dual layers dics)
    I guess you failed to find the guide for Metroid: Other M. And yes, the basis for all of this is indeed Metroid and your failure to follow that guide. But fine and dandy, I'll leave your thread open. You gotta stop earning your username, failman.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    I guess you failed to find the guide for Metroid: Other M. And yes, the basis for all of this is indeed Metroid and your failure to follow that guide. But fine and dandy, I'll leave your thread open. You gotta stop earning your username, failman.
    naah i tried to follow that thread also posted in it, but no answer. Aslo tried to install hermes etc (someone said it would work to a guy there) but nothing is working. and now i cant play dual layers on my wii. And yeah i suck when it's comes to softmodding never done it before now.
    Thanks for keeping the topic up, i know that everyone hates multi topics of the same thing.

  4. #4
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,471
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    what cios are you using.....

    as dual layer support is cios rev17+


  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Retired WiiHacks Staff
    narse1979's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Southern Fairy Land
    Posts
    7,489
    Thanks
    826
    Thanked 1,774 Times in 1,371 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by emuhack View Post
    what cios are you using.....

    as dual layer support is cios rev17+

    Emu .........

    IOS247 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS248 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS249 (rev 17): Trucha Bug, ES Identify, NAND Access, USB 2.0
    IOS250 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug, NAND Access, USB 2.0


  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    emuhack every ios should be in the "spoiler" it's from a syscheck scan. Or i hope all info is there that u need to know

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    no one got a clue?

  8. #8
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    Forum Administrator
    IRC AOP
    Wall-Eyed Mucksucker
    emuhack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Windy City
    Posts
    7,471
    Thanks
    892
    Thanked 2,132 Times in 1,347 Posts
    Blog Entries
    13
    you have rev17 so i dont think that is the prob.... my wii the other day stopped playing my dual layer super smash brothers.... but plays the other discs fine.... so it could just be that the drive is starting to go bad....


  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    8
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emuhack View Post
    you have rev17 so i dont think that is the prob.... my wii the other day stopped playing my dual layer super smash brothers.... but plays the other discs fine.... so it could just be that the drive is starting to go bad....

    it could be that way. Before i softmodded my wii i started to have some problems with the driver (an overall problem). So the best thing to do is to send it to some that can replace my old driver?

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •