Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20

Thread: IOS236 Piracy Removal?

  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    IOS236 Piracy Removal?

    sorry if this has already been addressed but i need help with this >.> lol

    i was installing ISO236 through a wad and everything was fine. it patched everything and i guess there was a piracy question? Press A for piracy or B if you aren't going to pirate. I didn't actually read it, my bro did....i left the room while the installer was running. when i came back i accidentally SAT on my wiimote. which i assume pressed the A button because it said "Shame on you...." blah blah blah and then it said it UNINSTALLED IOS236!

    First of I was wondering if it REALLY DID uninstall it. Or if they're just screwing with you?

    Second of all how do i reinstall it, sense it says you are a pirate and you came back?

    I read elsewhere on these forums that if i delete the HBC save file it fixes the problem. But of course im a noob and have NO IDEA how to delete it or even where it is lol

    any help would be appreciated but a solution would be awesome

    THANKS!

  2. #2
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

    Junior Moderator
    Bliepo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Posts
    1,581
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 391 Times in 312 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Well, if you check whether they really uninstalled it, you can run a syscheck. It will show which IOS' are installed.
    It is not clear to me, which program you were using. You mention an installer and IOS236, which makes me suspect you were installing cIOSX rev20. However, if you want to reinstall it, just run the program again and install it.
    Deleting the HBC save file is useless. It has nothing to do with it.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,450
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,309 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    I don't believe the OP in this case was following a wiihacks guide (unless, possibly/maybe mauifrog's).

  4. #4
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliepo View Post
    Well, if you check whether they really uninstalled it, you can run a syscheck. It will show which IOS' are installed.
    It is not clear to me, which program you were using. You mention an installer and IOS236, which makes me suspect you were installing cIOSX rev20. However, if you want to reinstall it, just run the program again and install it.
    Deleting the HBC save file is useless. It has nothing to do with it.
    okay so how do i run a syscheck? through priiloader?

    after a little reading i think it may have been the GAF ios236 installer v4?

    when i run it again a message appears saying something like "you say you are a pirater yet you try to install again".

    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    I don't believe the OP in this case was following a wiihacks guide (unless, possibly/maybe mauifrog's).
    In this case no i wasn't following a wiihacks guide since the one i used to hack my wii didn't directly address how to install ios222 or 223

  5. #5
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    86
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 13 Times in 13 Posts
    uninstall homebrew channel then reinstall it. the rerun the 236 installer and then answer no to piracy the it should work. just assuming not that i did the same thing.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by roadofexcess View Post
    uninstall homebrew channel then reinstall it. the rerun the 236 installer and then answer no to piracy the it should work. just assuming not that i did the same thing.
    How exactly did you uninstall JUST HBC?

    I don't want to have to reinstall everything lol

  7. #7
    WiiHacks Staff
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff

    Junior Moderator
    Bliepo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    On your harddrive (file name: Bliepo.crazy)
    Posts
    1,581
    Thanks
    241
    Thanked 391 Times in 312 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by squiglybob13 View Post
    okay so how do i run a syscheck? through priiloader?

    after a little reading i think it may have been the GAF ios236 installer v4?

    when i run it again a message appears saying something like "you say you are a pirater yet you try to install again".



    In this case no i wasn't following a wiihacks guide since the one i used to hack my wii didn't directly address how to install ios222 or 223
    You can do a sys check using dop-mii. Futhermore, I strongly advise using a wiihacks guide. It happens all to often that someone comes here with a bricked wii because they used a bad guide. But off course, you are free to decide. If you decide to go on using your guide, I do recommend reading Brick Prevention- Things you should never do.
    Awesome sig picture does not work
    Brick Prevention- Things you should never do | Ignoring advice and bricking | Be a jedi, donate
    Guide: Softmod ANY wii | How to post a system check | Loading and Playing Wii Backup Games from USB HDD (softmod only)
    System Menu X (IOS150, E) | HBC 1.08 (IOS58) | bootmii/boot2v4 | priiloader 0.7 | cIOSX rev21d2x_v6 (main base IOS 57) | cIOS 223 (IOS 37 + 38 merged) | USB Loader GX 2.2

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bliepo View Post
    You can do a sys check using dop-mii. Futhermore, I strongly advise using a wiihacks guide. It happens all to often that someone comes here with a bricked wii because they used a bad guide. But off course, you are free to decide. If you decide to go on using your guide, I do recommend reading Brick Prevention- Things you should never do.
    I used messie's guide here:

    It's a GREAT guide btw lol hacked my wii successfully in about 5 min lol

    however in the appendix it didn't go into very much detail on offline installation of IOS222/223. It only tells you how to download them using NUSDwonloader

    okay ill run syscheck tonight and post my fins tomorrow lol thanks ^_^

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    WiiHacks Staff
    Forum Administrator
    Only Site Donators Can PM Staff
    nightstah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Repatriated to WH
    Posts
    18,450
    Thanks
    1,839
    Thanked 4,309 Times in 3,618 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Be careful mixing and matching guides, this often is a receipe for failure. Hermes IOS has a guide here, perhaps that may enlighten you.

  10. 1 User Says Thank You nightstah For This Useful Post


  11. #10
    New Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    24
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nightstah View Post
    Be careful mixing and matching guides, this often is a receipe for failure. Hermes IOS has a guide here, perhaps that may enlighten you.
    hmm it looks the same thing as in messie's guide but ill try it lol thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •