Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: A few concerns, but not a single thread title

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    El Salvador
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    A few concerns, but not a single thread title

    Firstly...the SNES9X GX channel is acting weird as of late, I run it, and when i'm at the main menu, it asks me to update, I do that, when the update is complete, I go back to the Wii menu, then I return to the SNES channel...and it asks me to update AGAIN, I update again just to see what happens...and again, it sends me to the Wii menu, if I run the channel again, it will ask me to update...and its an endless cycle so I just select Update Later...what could be the cause?

    Secondly, I recently installed the Priiloader menu hacks, there are very useful ones, like the update blocking ones to be precise...I wanted to ask if WiiConnect24 can ONLY update your system while it's on standby? (I turned off standby cause of overheating), if I enter the Wii Shop...can they detect the stuff I have installed on the wii? and a last question...am I safe with just priiloader and the update block hack, or do I need to install something else? Also I only use WiiConnect24 cause some of the mail I receive is useful...and the Nintendo Channel keeps me up to date with what's new, but if it were too much of a risk, I'd turn WC24 off for good..

  2. #2
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by GW100609 View Post
    Firstly...the SNES9X GX channel is acting weird as of late, I run it, and when i'm at the main menu, it asks me to update, I do that, when the update is complete, I go back to the Wii menu, then I return to the SNES channel...and it asks me to update AGAIN, I update again just to see what happens...and again, it sends me to the Wii menu, if I run the channel again, it will ask me to update...and its an endless cycle so I just select Update Later...what could be the cause?
    This sounds like a problem with SNES9X GX. I would suggest that you install in older version and don't update it for a little while or try finding the update online an install it and see what happens.

    Quote Originally Posted by GW100609 View Post
    Secondly, I recently installed the Priiloader menu hacks, there are very useful ones, like the update blocking ones to be precise...I wanted to ask if WiiConnect24 can ONLY update your system while it's on standby? (I turned off standby cause of overheating), if I enter the Wii Shop...can they detect the stuff I have installed on the wii? and a last question...am I safe with just priiloader and the update block hack, or do I need to install something else? Also I only use WiiConnect24 cause some of the mail I receive is useful...and the Nintendo Channel keeps me up to date with what's new, but if it were too much of a risk, I'd turn WC24 off for good..
    WiiConnect24 won't update you without you agreeing to the update and with Priiloader an update would just error out. You can use Shop Channel if you wish. Nintendo can't see what you have installed on your system.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    El Salvador
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Yeah well..I just entered the shop channel, and it asks me for a system update...guess I won't be able to purchase stuff anymore now...and resort to darker means...Nintendo can surely make retarded decisions when they wanna.

  4. #4
    Retired WiiHacks Staff Krafter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    4,426
    Thanks
    460
    Thanked 1,093 Times in 857 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5
    Follow this guide to update yoyur Shop Channel.

  5. #5
    New Member Baatobaat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
    i had the SNES9X update problem to, just install the newest channel manually or put the latest version on your SD/USB and use a forwarder
    Last edited by Baatobaat; 08-23-2010 at 01:25 AM. Reason: making by self clearer:P
    press THANKS , it brightens my day


    -- 4.3E,Drivekey,rev20b,hermes v5 using:CFGUSBLoader,Uloader,WIIMC,Snes9xGX,FCEUltra GX,Wii64,ScummVM,Opera,HBC,HBB : USB : 1TB FAT Partition

  6. #6
    Senior Member Krank's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    8,895
    Thanks
    953
    Thanked 4,321 Times in 2,128 Posts
    Blog Entries
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Baatobaat View Post
    i had the update problem to, just install the newest channel manually or put the latest version on your SD/USB and use a forwarder
    A forwarder for the shop channel...don't think so.
    Damn I suck!!!!

  7. #7
    New Member Baatobaat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Krank View Post
    A forwarder for the shop channel...don't think so.
    srry, i wasnt clear, i was talking about his snes9x problem

    oww , and see now you already gave him the solution:P
    well atleast i can confirm then that manually installing the updated channel/app will work
    Last edited by Baatobaat; 08-23-2010 at 01:30 AM.
    press THANKS , it brightens my day


    -- 4.3E,Drivekey,rev20b,hermes v5 using:CFGUSBLoader,Uloader,WIIMC,Snes9xGX,FCEUltra GX,Wii64,ScummVM,Opera,HBC,HBB : USB : 1TB FAT Partition

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    El Salvador
    Posts
    137
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    I manually installed the 4.2.4 boot.dol, but whenever I run the channel...it says I'm STILL on 4.2.3, dude if you know where I can get the 4.2.4 forwarder...then by all means tell me, I've been searching for it like mad...this update thing has really gotten that annoying.

  9. #9
    New Member Baatobaat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    152
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 32 Times in 31 Posts
    i have it but dont know the link, if u pm me your mail ill sendit
    press THANKS , it brightens my day


    -- 4.3E,Drivekey,rev20b,hermes v5 using:CFGUSBLoader,Uloader,WIIMC,Snes9xGX,FCEUltra GX,Wii64,ScummVM,Opera,HBC,HBB : USB : 1TB FAT Partition

  10. 1 User Says Thank You Baatobaat For This Useful Post


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •