A softmod guide will address all of your issues.
hey guys, im getting a used wii today via UPS i bought from games stop.
1. where do i find what system update i have? (probably in the setting tab)
2. if the wii is 3.x is there anyway i can update it to 4.0 / 4.1? (putting the update on a sd card?)
3. i wont be getting the sd card till tomorrow so for the mean time is there any games i can play on the wii, will i have to update to check out the store?
4. how big are the wii games? whats the average size? (Don't care or need to know how you get your games)
5. what format are the games, (IOS?)
thats it, thanks.
i will check the thread out
1. To find out what system you have go to the system settings in the top right it will show it.
2. Yes you can update it. If it is modded make sure to erase the channels and the save game files before updating.
3. Rent games, buy games
4. They very from different sizes from 0.09GB to 7.39GB
5. NTSC-U, NTSC-J, PAL
My advice to you would be to do lots of reading on this site before jumping in and doing a mod as you seem very anxious to do it,you may just save yourself some hassle in the long run.
4.1E,Boot2/IOS,Priiloader 0.4r78,neogamma R8 b7,
USB Loader GX r938,cIOS38 rev 17
Learning with every visit
if its new, it should be 4.2u i believe. i just bought one from walmart a week back and that was the version
its a 4.0U! yay!
so do you think my wii will be able to read dvd, i seen the thread about that if you got a 4.2 wii then your not going to be able to play dvds on the wii cause of a chip.
also,it did ask me to update, but i said............... NO!
If the Wii was bought new and 4.2, absolutely correct. They implemented the D3-2 drive that won't play backups a year ago. You can go to this site and punch in your serial #. It'll give you probabilities (educated guesses, based on user-submitted data) whether it can or not.
There's always USB HD gaming, it's superior to disc-based game playing both in terms of speed and convenience. In my case, I did a drive swapout so have the best of both worlds if the need arises.